Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1973 Barth restoration
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Bill Stevson
posted Hide Post
Timothy, look at your casting number on your engine block and go to this site (http://www.mortec.com/location.htm)and you can find out exactly what you have. It is probably a 454. Mine is and I wish I could get 10mpg....I get more like 6.

Posts: 113 | Location: Macks Creek, MO | Member Since: 11-02-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
She who must be obeyed
and
me, Ensign 3rd crass
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much, I'll look tomorrow and check the web address.

The 10 MPG is on the flat, freeway, at between 60 and 65. There was a period when my friend and I were running the coach from Kentuck to Los Angeles where he decided that 80 was better, I call this part of the trip the "no truck shall pass me period" we did about 6 MPG at this point.

Now this is as I said on the flat, no wind and very easy on the gas, the secondaries on the carb are HUGE.

Timothy

Posts: 282 | Location: Studio City, California | Member Since: 02-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We own a 1971 Barth, 24 foot. Had it for about 2 years. Just got a new windshield installed last week. We just love it. Our boys play AAU, Travel Baseball and we sleep in the parking lots during weekend tournaments. We also use it for double headers and the boys can shower and keep cool between games. Email me at denephew3@hotmail.com and I can send some pictures if you like.
DMBlair

Posts: 4 | Location: Plant City,FL,USA | Member Since: 07-17-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post