Forums    General Discussions    Newby needs info.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Newby needs info.
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Howdy all,

I was driving down the street last week and noticed a "cute" little motorhome on a used lot. A couple of days later (I happened to be driving) I turned in on an impulse while getting the "What the"....eye from my hubby.

Anyway... we fell in love with this "cute" little motorhome. Came home that night and
did some surfing on the net to find ANY information especially pricing.

That's when I came across this forum. If any one here can help us with any thoughts about what you think this unit is worth we would sure be thankful.

It's a 1991 Barth 22' Regal
Repainted and interior updated at the factory in new colors 3 years ago. (Looks almost like brand new)

454 gas engine with 86,000 miles
All the extras except the rear camera.
$23,000.

I do have a nice digital picture of the outside but I don't know how to put it
on this forum.

Howdy

[This message has been edited by Howdy (edited September 07, 2004).]

Posts: 2 | Location: Montana | Member Since: 09-07-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Howdy.....Howdy,

Welcome to the Big Wide, Wonderful, World of Barth.

Those 22 foot Regals are cute. It sounds like a RV salesman who would tell you that the interior was update at the factory 3 years ago, when Barth went out of business 6 years ago.

I always encourage folks who buy the shortys to make sure you look closely at the sleeping environment on board. You can for the same money (or less) get a 28 or 32 footer which has real beds to sleep on. The book value of this coach is $16-20K. Probably $15-17 would be a reasonable deal.

Take a look under the Barth for Sale and check out some of the 28-33 footers that are for sale for around $19K. By the way, I don't make a dime when these coaches sell, I am telling you this so you know that I am concerned for you comfort. Even though they are really, really cute, I have never talked with a shorty Barth owner who doesn't say that the two happiest days of ownership were the day they bought it and the day they sold it to get a longer one.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Hi, and Welcome.

I will echo some of Dave's comments.

In our case, one of us rises before the other one, so a real bed in a real bedroom is an advantage. Sometimes, one of us retires before the other. Same for naps.

As far as length goes, you need to look at where you will be going. In our case, many of our visits are to places that have 30 ft limits, so that is what we bought. There are some places with shorter limits, or roads that are just too tight for our 30 footer, so we tent it.

Depending on your trips, storage can be an issue.

But if you really want a shorty, the Barths have some of the niftiest layouts out there.

As for the picture, you can post it at Sony Imagestation and link it in a post here.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave,

Thank's for your reply.

Last week I found a web for Barth on the internet:
Barth RSV Inc. in Milford, IN and assumed they were still in business.

The info. I did find said that Bill Prinz bought the company around 1993.

Sigh...living in the boonies has it's disadvantages.

My parents bought and converted an MCI bus
years ago. They have at least $200,000. in
it and he did all the work himself. Also
took him about 5 years. It's beautiful and big but we aren't full or even part timers.
I guess you could say that we are in the occasional weekender class.

Besides no way could we afford that kind of
price tag.

Our first experience was a 28' fifth-wheel camp trailer. What a nightmare! Never went
camping that we didn't spent the whole time working on something! Hated it!!!

The quality is what attracted us to this unit.

This is the first Barth either of us has ever seen here in Montana...or anywhere for that matter. Do they hate the cold?

Howdy

Posts: 2 | Location: Montana | Member Since: 09-07-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
How-dy far are you from Monot, ND. there is a 30 ft there for $15K http://adcache.rvtraderonline.com/3/2/9/73030629.htm

It's been for sale for a long time. Bet you could get it for $13-14K.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Howdy: We are across the border from you in Coeur d'Alene and it gets pretty cold here (-25 last winter). We have stayed in our Barth in weather down to 20. Everything inside worked fine but the sewer hose and water hose froze. I had a 10 foot poopsicle in my backyard until April. Of course if you are not using (=heating) the RV you have to go through the winterizing process....takes me about 1/2 hour.

------------------
Gary & Edie
North Idaho
1988 28' P-30 454

Posts: 138 | Location: Hayden Lake (Coeur d'Alene), ID USA | Member Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post