Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

New owner update
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/07
posted
I now feel official
A Maureen my better half took her first ride in the vehicle and loved it ..Infact she was honestly excited about it.. We went to get gas..
B While Maureen was in getting hot chocolate people came up to me and asked if this was my 1st RV and I answered yes.. They could not believe it was a 86 as it looked so nice... and they asked if they could go in a look around.. Maureen came back to find people looking at her motorhome..
I guess I better get use to it...
C I went and got it all official and the title is now in my name.. and oh yes if you are in the ohio area and see a tag that says "MYBARTH" it is me as I went the distance and got the personalized tag..
Been exploring my new toy and coming up with questions i am sure you all will be able to help me out on..
John Reilly
Centerville Ohio

------------------
John Reilly
Big Times Kennel
Centerville Ohio

Posts: 87 | Location: Centerville, Ohio, USA | Member Since: 09-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You have been assimilated! :-)

Congratulations. Get Dave to host a couple of pics for us to see the new baby.

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since I took ownership of the 93 Breakaway There must have een 25 people stop at the house and ask if it was a new one . I told them it was a 93 and they don't believe it. My wife is thinking of giving tours of this great home. charging .25 cents. Just kidding. bust there have been about that many people wondering what a Barth is . I love it. Can't wait to use it though . Bill

Posts: 25 | Location: Belle Vernon Pa. | Member Since: 11-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our 91 38' Cat-Gillig regency wide body went out of Indy 15 months ago to Knoxville, Tn. as its first trip. We weren't parked for 10 minutes when a couple walked by and said hello. They said we DON'T see many of the Barth's in our travels, but sure like them. I told them it was our FIRST RV, and He said WELL YOU PICKED A GOOD ONE. I later learned that they were in a $800,000.00 Prevost. I can't tell you how many times while filling it up, all 150 gallons of diesel that people have asked, CAN WE LOOK INSIDE. LOVE OUR BARTH, and still think ron is an alright guy even though he NOW drives a MONACO. Got to love that ron.

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Here it is...

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited December 15, 2004).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave I'll have to get you some new pictures.. So you'll see the Vehicle in its new home with the new owners
John Reilly
Maureen Varvir
and of course I'll be sure to put in a few dogs to spice it up a bit... As this is what we are taking to the dog shows, so once we park we are there... Presently working on a new shelter for "MYBARTH" 16 wide / 36 long / 14 foot ceiling...Just too keep it out of the weather and am also having a carrier made for the back where you presently see the black box as we need to carry crates/grooming table and xpens... And I do not want to muck up the inside...
Question for the group....
I notice that it came without a spare tire and there is no place to mount or store one...I was going to add this to my rearadd on ..Should I carry a spare???
John Reilly
Centerville Ohio

John Reilly
Centerville Ohio

------------------
John Reilly
Big Times Kennel
Centerville Ohio

Posts: 87 | Location: Centerville, Ohio, USA | Member Since: 09-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful John. Glad to find out we're not the only people who bought an RV for our dogs. You and Dale deserve to gloat a bit. Folks do seem to notice the Barth. I plan to camp adjacent to "my" Barth over the holidays. I know if DoG is reading this thead, he'll have all his buds (who I am unacquainted with) stop by and marvel at the Barth while ignoring the Monaco. At least, that's what I'll tell the wife so she won't be disappointed. :-)

Spare tar? This will be kind of like asking what kind of oil to use, everyone has an opinion. Of course now that I have put forth the "Only Correct Opinion", you need read no further. :-) IMHO, the spare is redundant if you have a tow coverage policy. Worst case, the inside rear blows (and does not destroy anything). Imagine jacking that puppy up and dealing with the necessary tools to perform that feat. Now billh probably has a Maguiver(sp?) tool that would make it simple, but for me....no way. I do carry a plug kit and a compressor for a simple nail-leak situation, buy AllState is responsible for everything else.
Of course, YMMV. :-)

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Barth's do get noticed. I have never taken a trip in the two years I have owned this coach that I haven't had people looking, commenting and wanting to check the inside.

They are remarkable coaches.

By the way we always travel with our pooch. She's a Westie who likes the Barth better that the house.

Bill G

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/08
posted Hide Post
We also travel with two Dogs & one is a very good ATTACK Dog!Just kidding Don!!!Both are little ANGEL!We travel in the Barth or the "SOB" folks like both,but the sob is a "B" van! People cannot believe the "BARTH is a 95"

------------------
Jay&Shelby 95 Barth Regency 34ft. Cummins 300 hp.
Spartan MM.

Posts: 134 | Location: Harriman,Tn.U.S.A. | Member Since: 01-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi John, Yes Congratulations on your new toy. I was sure hoping that this one would be the one for you. I'm jealous!! Good luck.
We also travel with a dog, a big grey hound adopted racer and she loves the Barth.

Ralph Glover
1976 27' Barth

Posts: 167 | Location: LaFontaine, IN,USA | Member Since: 07-03-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Beautiful coach! Hope you enjoy it as much as Suzy and I like our Euro.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thaks to all for the well wishes..
Ralph I am glad your greyhound rescue likes the Motorhome..We have not had a trial run with ours yet and I am looking forward to that experience.. I figure I'll take a few runs around town with the dogs in it so they can get use to it... I took Reilly our oldest male for a ride in a 24 foot diesel and he was not real happy but it was loud and smelly.. So I am hopeing that was the problem.. His sister got up on the sofa nad went to sleep...
Right now I am working on a design for a carrier to go into my trailer hitch to carry my Xpens, Metal crates and grooming table... I presently have one which fits on my suburban but I do not care to carry my stuff horizontal behind the coach and I would like them to be verticle so as to not take up much room... People are going to cring at this but I am looking at taking out the two chairs and replacing them with crates to better house he dogs... This is presently only under consideration..
Ralph where does your greyhound go and do when you are traveling...
Well I am off to get some presents wrapped so I can spend my morning at the post office..
thanks again to all list members for all your help..
John Reilly
Centerville Ohio

------------------
John Reilly
Big Times Kennel
Centerville Ohio

Picture of Don Scalzo
posted Hide Post
Hey Jay, kidding you were not!! That little S.O.B. (and I'mm not meaning coaches) tried to tear my leg off!! If it attacks me again your going to need a bigger baggy to scoop that little sucker up in. Or worse yet I may sic Linda's bird on the devil.
(her bird bites me).

Posts: 196 | Location: Apollo Beach, Fl. USA | Member Since: 10-05-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Don, I wouldn't blame it on the animals. It sounds like you smell like supper.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post