Forums    General Discussions    Barth emblems?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth emblems?
 Login now/Join our community

posted
What ever happened to the idea of recreating some "Barth" script emblems? I called a couple of pot metal refinishers today and one of them said it would cost as much as several hundred dollars per emblem to refinish them. Since this is more or less a flat item it could be milled on a CMC mill (even with the correct contour of the edges) once the pattern was created. Stainless would be my material of choice, but aluminum would be easier to work with and cheaper. Any ideas are encouraged.

Posts: 23 | Location: Collinsvile, IL, USA | Member Since: 08-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
We're still experimenting with several processes in aluminum & SS flat stock....Hope to have results in a week or two....We'll post here when finished.

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great!, I thought the project had lost it's momentum. I'll be looking forward to the outcome. My Barth looks naked without it's emblems.
Mike

Posts: 23 | Location: Collinsvile, IL, USA | Member Since: 08-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
Did you see that emblem I had cast for Dave out of bronze? The cost on that was $40. I'm sure that bronze can be chrome plated. If you are interested let me know and I would be happy to help you out. Dennis

Posts: 207 | Location: Port Townsend ,Wash USA | Member Since: 11-21-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post