Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Something you may not know
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted
Over the last few years, thanks to you all, I have developed quite a library of brochures, Motorhome Magazine Ads (I was able to buy a huge collection of old Motorhome and Trailer Life Mags on EBay. I have compiled all of this data printed them on high quality stock if the originals weren't in good shape, put them in acid free document holders and presented it to the RV/MH Heritage Foundation in Elkhart, Indiana. I have also sent substantial technical data there with the ads and brochures. As well as images of many of your coaches, (hope you don't mind) to show the different models.

I think I have all of the ads from 1967-1998. And brochures from 22 ft. travel trailers, Class C, to specialty vehicles like bookmobiles and trolleys.

I was reminded of this when Bill H. provided a spotless 1982 Barth Euro 5 page full color brochure. I have already send PDF's to a number of you.

The reason I share this is because I have been sending this stuff for a couple years but have never been there in Elkhart to see it. If you are traveling that way sometime, could you stop just to make sure it is being well taken care of? (I am sure it is, but you know what I mean)

Also if you have any data, such as build sheets or other data you think would be of global interest and have the ability to scan it and send it to me that would be great.

Do not send any brochures or other material until you check to see if I already have it. Almost everything is on the Barth CD so if you have that then you can see what's there. I have to say though that the stuff in Elkhart is catalogued much better than the CD. I apologize for that. I just haven't set aside the 4-5 hours it's going to take to clean up all that stuff on the CD. But it's kind of serendipitous isn't it to go through that stuff?

Dale Smith, Dennis Broderson and Lee Schiek have sent me beautiful Barth logo representations. Dale's on some absolutely beautiful wood I forget from where, but I tell people it was from a log Dale dug up in the Amazon on one of his adventure tours, Dennis gave me one poured in brass, but it looks like gold to me, so I tell everyone it's solid gold and I treat it like such. And Lee sent me a perfect and super shinny logo plasma cut from Aluminum. With your permission at sometime in the future these too will be in the archive there. I treasure them all.

------------------

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited August 10, 2005).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No doubt a Barth Masterpiece. Dave, thanks again for your ongoing efforts to preserve the Barth image as well as putting the Barth history in the place where it belongs.

Posts: 16 | Location: Durant, Ms, USA | Member Since: 06-02-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Please forgive me, I put this post together quickly and then had to leave and just read it again now. I did not in anyway want to blow my own horn. Almost all the material in this collection with the exception of the ad I got out of the magazines was provided by the members and not me. I just put it together and sent it. So this post is a thank you more than anything else and also an invitation for you all to check it out when you are there.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a perfect 1991 color Regal brochure if you would like. I would not need it back either.

hehehe, I can't tell for sure from the above picture of the emblem I made for you, but the POINTS of the stands I believe I designed to be pointing to the front. Picky, Picky.

The wood is ZIRICOTE. Very erratic color changes in the grain. Light Sandy color, to Dark Brown, to Black streaks.

Dale

P.S. HEY, YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO TOOT YOUR HORN, YOU DESERVE THE THANKS. Nothing wrong with doing such now and then.

THANKS.

[This message has been edited by Smith Brother (edited August 10, 2005).]

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Dale you are correct sir, I have the support correct and they were wrong on the picture....

I would love to have te brochure. I have the 1988 Regal, and my wife the newspaper lady says that Barth spent some money on brochures in those days.

I will scan it and make it available to everyone and send the original to Elkhart.

------------------

posted Hide Post
It will go out tomorrow, and it is PERFECT. It has some great shots of the side and ceiling frame work. Barth was heavy into using a computer to aid in design, and this piece has a super picture of one in use. Glad you can use this. In 1991 they offered the Regal in 22, 25, 28, 31, and 33 ft. models

Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post