Forums    General Discussions    Richmond International Raceway... anyone going?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Richmond International Raceway... anyone going?
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
I'll be attending the Richmond race this weekend. Will any of our members be there?

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I'll be watching on TV. Make sure to wear a T shirt and a hat so I can spot you. Big Grin

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Bill, If ya hit any snags in the I-95/495 Puzzle Palace and need assistance, my cell is:
240-271-2449.

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
............the I-95/495 Puzzle Palace ............240-271-2449.

LOL. That place has always humbled me, navigation-wise. My oldest son possesses superb navigational skills, and spent years at USNA, SAIS and the Pentagon, but finally admitted defeat and bought a GPS.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
...snags in the I-95/495 Puzzle Palace...
When I go down, I always use 301 to avoid that mess. I also have a GPS and have to program it for 2 legs, otherwise it'll force me into the "Puzzle Palace". Wink

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
US 301 is a mess - lots of traffic lights - and they may still be working on the Potomac River bridge (I think that's the long one) - 2-lane blocked to one. That's what I used last September, and 301/MD 3 was awful.

From Suffern, I took the Thruway west to I-287, I-78 to US 222 at Allentown, to US 30 at Lancaster, I-83 at York, I-695 around B'more, the Beltway around DC to I-95.

Cheaper (only toll $5 for the Delaware bridge) and faster than the way I came up, and only 21 miles longer than the short way.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Hope you had a great trip. It was a great race for 397 laps! Suppose we may have a little Jr.- Busch rivalry started here? Mad Roll Eyes

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
Hope you had a great trip. It was a great race for 397 laps! Suppose we may have a little Jr.- Busch rivalry started here? Mad Roll Eyes
It was a boring race for the first 350 laps... Denny Hamlin was walking away with the race. He had "The Car"

I'm glad that NASCAR kept Hamlin in for the 2 laps seeing that he caused the caution and could have wrecked other cars too. I wished they did it to Jr too when he spun out on purpose and caused a caution, but they just gave him a warning then.

I have to admit, everyone was in the stands cheering, myself included, when Hamlin was passed. No one cared who was passing him, we just wanted to see a race. Big Grin

In regards to the wreck, from my angle, it looked like Jr came down and caused the wreck. I haven't heard what was said in ANY post race report. So, for all I know, my angle may be off.

I still need to find out what happened to Mikey. That was a blatant hit and I am happy that NASCAR had a spine and pulled him off the track. You can't say that he hasn't been given enough chances to straighten his act out yet.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
OK, I admit that after the big wreck I may have dosed off some. Here's a video of Jr.- Kyle.
http://aolsvc.sports.aol.nascar.com/video/cup/2008/05/0...dex.html?MostPopular
If this takes up bandwidth you can delete it after you watch it.

79 Barth Classic