Barthmobile Portal
State Sales Tax

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9331087061/m/5761038061

11-27-2003, 10:05 PM
Creepy Cawler
State Sales Tax
Has anybody used a mail forwarding address in a state with no sales tax for licence and title to keep from paying the sales tax in the state where you live? I saw a new MCI conversion licensed in a state which I knew that he didn't live and that was the reason he gave.
11-27-2003, 10:40 PM
davebowers
That's like way to scary, Creepy. (that sounds funny doesn't it) In most states the consequences for this are usually much to high. Now if you are buying a million dollar coach and you live here in Minnesota and you are looking at plunking down $65K in state sales tax then it is maybe worthwhile to looking at setting up a corporation for $3-5K in Billing, Montana to save $60K. However, I don't know about someone who can blow a million on a motorhome and then sweat the tax. Plus, a couple NW airline pilots who lived in Minnesota and had an address in SD to save on the ridiculous state taxes we pay here just went to jail for a year.

So be careful...

------------------
Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune moment.

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers
11-28-2003, 03:21 AM
bill h
I can only speak for California, but a resident can buy a coach from a CA rv dealer, take delivery in Arizona, leave it in AZ for 90 days, and return to CA without paying CA sales tax.