Forums    General Discussions    They're Back!
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

They're Back!
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted
OK, I got the message, and I've returned my avatar to the photo of Maggie and Casey. Sheessh! Barthers are as bad as fellow astronomers - I arrive at a star party, and no one asks, "How are you?" It's always, "Where are Maggie and Casey?"

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Sorry Rusty, but I'm still seeing StarV2 on the surface of some semi habitable planet with the Zygorthian Deathstar Detector in full deployment.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Go find your Snertium-Kaboolah Secret Decoder Ring, and dial in 27089. The pix should appear.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
That did it. Now I'm seeing the intelligent portion of Starcrue II. Razzer

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
If you had forgotten the Secret Handshake, I'd not have been able to help...Big Grin

While I love my furry little guys, I can't believe how they've seemed to enchant other Barth Forum folks to where they're preferable to images of StaRV II.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
...I can't believe how they've seemed to enchant other Barth Forum folks to where they're preferable to images of StaRV II.
I can't believe it either. Wink

Why don't you start a poll Rusty? Big Grin

Reese & Riot (Do they look like they're from NY?)

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
How about StaRV II as an avatar and Maggie and Casey in the signature. One dog lover and Barth lover to another. And the picture Danny Z posted of StaRV II is a great picture.

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
Reese & Riot (Do they look like they're from NY?)

Yeah, dey look like Noo Yawkuhs - kind of hairy, and with that "Are YOU lookin' at ME?!" expression...Big Grin

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle:
How about StaRV II as an avatar and Maggie and Casey in the signature. One dog lover and Barth lover to another. And the picture Danny Z posted of StaRV II is a great picture.

That's an idea; I'll get to it later, but you didn't prefer StaRV II on the ice planet of Hoth?

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Well, I tried adding the pic of Maggie and Casey to my sig, but can't get it to work...

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
... you didn't prefer StaRV II on the ice planet of Hoth?
I loved it. A Florida location w/ snow covered ground is a fantastic shot.
quote:
Well, I tried adding the pic of Maggie and Casey to my sig, but can't get it to work...
Send me the pictures you want and I'll get them up for you.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Perhaps the shot of StarVII on the Ice Planet Hoth suffers from the back lighting of the dominate sun Zygorth casting shadows too intense for the secondary sun Arizimuth to give us a clear view of what a beautiful ship she really is.

79 Barth Classic

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
quote:
Send me the pictures you want and I'll get them up for you.

That smaller picture of Maggie and Casey the the body in my prior post on the thread is what I tried to insert. You can pull that one. The usual attempts (HTML and UCC) to link didn't work.

Thanks!

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke