Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Bad Dream
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted
OK call me strange if you want but last night I had a dream that someone ordered a CD and I forgot to mail it and that someone, is just too nice to let me know.

So if you have ordered a CD and have not got it, please let me know. And, (this has only happened once, MAC problems) if I have sent you a CD and it didn't work for one reason or the other let me know. This ain't Geico, I want 100% satisfied customers. Do they have Geico commercials in every state??

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
She who must be obeyed
and
me, Ensign 3rd crass
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
Geico is alive and well on our cable stations in Los Angeles. So is the RonCo dude. The choice is difficult, untruthful green talking lizard or guy with big smile and hair out of a can.

We got our CD, every note I sent you was responded to.

So Dave when are you going to out-source to Bopal so I can get the service I am used to?

Tim

[This message has been edited by timnlana (edited February 08, 2005).]

Posts: 282 | Location: Studio City, California | Member Since: 02-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, your STRANGE, but still LOVED. Maybe...

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Tim, I think that is Bhopal, at least it is on the letter head from Ravi the RV website guy there.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
OH! and Tim, speaking of LA TV. Is Cal Worthington still alive. I know his dog spot died when I was 16 I think. Do any of you guys from LA remember saturday morning Cal's Corral.. Coffee Cup to anyone can remember the opening song "which was one of the first things I learned on guitar and still play it with the SAT morning country group I play with here".

------------------

She who must be obeyed
and
me, Ensign 3rd crass
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
Bhopal, oh here I am standing beside myself so filling myself with shame. Whoops.. LOL

I have not seen Cal in the last few years. He did offer a weekend class at Cal State Long Beach that covered the sliding cost of increased advertising vs the increase in customer traffic. Good class I am told by those that attented.

Cal told a story in class about this other guy (name eludes me-- put up the money for Regan to run for gov) who also sold used cars and had a dog that would jump from one car to the next scratching the heck out of the paint. Cal said he found the idea of selling cars that had been trashed while they were being advertised on T.V. so amusing that he came up with the "dog" trick.

I don't know if this is true but it is a good story.

Now as to Saturday Morning; being raised by school teachers we children , by strong design, missed out on that part of the T.V. offering. None the less I will offer a guess, Smoke Stack Lightning?

[This message has been edited by timnlana (edited February 08, 2005).]

Posts: 282 | Location: Studio City, California | Member Since: 02-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
That would be Holmes P. Tuttle. Tim I will tell you something. I just loved Los Angeles when I was growing up. Man what a great time to be a kid in So. Cal. in the 50's early 60's. KRLA Wolfman Jack, Cinnemon Cinder, Whisky a Go Go, The Troubadour, Many what a time. Dancing to Then things went to heck during the war. IMHO

------------------

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Cal was in the seattle area during part of the 80's. Guy by the name of Dick Balch (sp?) who would use a sledgehammer to bust out a head light or whack a fender or hood or throw it thru the windsheild in his ads and from what i heard people would insist on buying those cars from him. Later went belly up if i remember right.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cal Worthington Dodge is now in Carlsbad, CA (south of Oceanside). Still advertising his cars on tv out of the back of a station wagon wearing a big cowboy hat along with his dog Spot. Anyone remember Felix (the cat) Chevrolet?

quote:
Originally posted by davebowers:
OH! and Tim, speaking of LA TV. Is Cal Worthington still alive. I know his dog spot died when I was 16 I think. Do any of you guys from LA remember saturday morning Cal's Corral.. Coffee Cup to anyone can remember the opening song "which was one of the first things I learned on guitar and still play it with the SAT morning country group I play with here".

Posts: 8 | Location: san diego, ca, usa | Member Since: 04-06-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Speaking of bad dreams..... after 18 months of playing i went back to work this week. Got a call from the union just as we were getting ready to leave Havasu last week to head back to Yuma, ( wind blew the whole 9 days we were there, the lake had whitecaps on it every day, and it was chilly/cold even tho the sun was shining most days) So since we were coming here any way it worked out well......but work is a four letter word. Oh well, gotta build up the traveling kitty and the insurance benefits and the retirement fund so just have to get in the proper mind set.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post