Forums    General Discussions    Moving...
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Moving...
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
In an effort to keep everyone informed I have received several emails from Groupee telling me of a planned move on their part.

No, it's not the April Fools joke all over again Big Grin

Below is an email that I received from our hosting company.
quote:
Hello Groupee Customer,

In our continuing effort to provide you the most robust and reliable service possible, we will be changing your eve IP address for your domain barthmobile.com, on June 9th. Your IP address is currently xx.xxx.x.xxx and we need to update it to xx.xxx.x.xx. Until June 9th both IP addresses will function, however after the 9th the old IP address will no longer work. We're notifying you as the DNS for this site needs to be updated before June 9th or the site will experience downtime. You could also delegate the DNS for this site to our name servers which are listed below, and we will maintain the A record and keep it up to date for you.

ns1.infopop.cc xx.xxx.x.xxx
ns2.infopop.cc xx.xxx.x.xxx

As always, we continually work to give you the best service possible, and we look forward to making this necessary change by June 9th, so that we may better serve you.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us for help by clicking this link -

Thank you,

Groupee Account Management
Of course, I ignored the first request and was then sent this reminder.
quote:
Hello, Groupee Customer,

We recently sent you the Groupee Account Management Request seen below.

While we were informing you that we needed to change your IP address, it may not have been clear to you that we were sending the alert so that you could make relevant updates to your DNS as well.

At this time, our records show that no action has been taken.

We notified you that the DNS for this site needed to be updated before June 9th or the site would experience downtime. That deadline has now passed.

We are extending the transition time over the next week, but please ensure that the changes described below happen as soon as possible. If you have not made this change by June 18th, you can expect the aforementioned downtime to occur.

We want to make this transition as smooth for you as possible. If you need further assistance, please open a support ticket:

Thank you,

If I did everything right we should only see a site maintenance screen for a few hours.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Bill N.Y., we should be so lucky to have someone like you to take care of the site.Do your thing, good luck and we will cope. Thanks for everything, Tom

Posts: 257 | Location: Carolina Shores Nc | Member Since: 12-12-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Thank You "Sweet William: It was kind'a spooky when I saw the "out of order screen"

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I have received another correspondent from Groupee
quote:
Hello Groupee Customer,

This is a reminder of the downtime that is scheduled for tonight. You should have already received the following email.

"In our continuing effort to provide you the most robust and reliable service, we will be moving from our present data center to a new upgraded data center. The new data center offers improvements to the environment that will allow us to deliver our service at the highest level possible.

Unfortunately, a move to a new data center is not done without downtime. We are scheduled to move June 18th, beginning 6:00 PST. Please notify your users as soon as possible so that they will be aware that your site will be offline during that time. This total outage of all hosted services we provide you could last as long as 24 hours. We hope to have it done in a quarter of that time, but we would urge you to prepare your users for the worst case possible.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us for help by clicking this link

Thank you,

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
We have been plagued with an attachment problem. Anytime someone attempts to add an attachment we get the following error code.
quote:
Your FTP login failed. Please check your username and password. Detail: 530 Login incorrect.

Go Back | Barthmobile Portal
I have started a support ticket and am awaiting a formal response. The people at Eve/Groupee have their hands full trying to get all of the sites turned over to the new servers. I was told that they would look into the matter shortly.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
God love ya Bill....sure am glad you have a lot of patience!

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
I have started a support ticket and am awaiting a formal response. The people at Eve/Groupee have their hands full trying to get all of the sites turned over to the new servers. I was told that they would look into the matter shortly.
Still awaiting a response - seeing that it is now Saturday, I would suspect no action on this until Monday.

If anyone has a photo they need on the site, please email me at

bill_ny@barthmobilecom

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
The latest response from Groupee.
quote:
Date: 23 Jun 2008 at 08:15 AM

Thanks, Bill.

Our performance engineers are still investigating this issue.

I'll let them know this is still a problem for you, which may help in their investigation.

Thanks for your patience!

Paul Gude
Groupee Virtuoso
And then later in the day we received another email
quote:
Date: 23 Jun 2008 at 01:30 PM

Hi, Bill.

We believe the issue to be resolved.

Can you test it out and see if it works for you?

Paul Gude
Groupee Virtuoso
If anyone is still having a problem, please let me know.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis