Forums    General Discussions    Wood interior in storage??
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Wood interior in storage??
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
"....it was stored on wood blocks with water jugs inside to keep the wood interior in good condition~~"

I just read this on another forum and have never heard anything like it before...any comments??

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2592 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/10
Picture of bud@YXY
posted Hide Post
Although we don't put ours up on blocks, as AZ is very dry, we have followed the recommendation to store jugs of H2O in the coach in an attempt to maintain some humidity. Whether this is a realistic activity I have not spent the time to calculate (fudge) an estimate.
I have not seen any other coach on blocks or on jacks during storage in the RV storage location in Peoria. We do park on plywood and cover the tires.

1993 Breakaway 36ft & 1977 20 ft
Spartan: air ride and brakes & P32(?)
Cummins: 8.3 litre 250hp, PACBrake
Allison 3060 (6 spd)
Front entry, side hallway
7.5 kw diesel gen.
1999 2dr Tracker 4X4 5spd, SMI Braking system

Posts: 253 | Location: Yukon--Arizona and around | Member Since: 06-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
I have not heard anything about placing water jugs inside of a motorhome. I live in Florida and I would say the humidity here takes care of the water jug idea.

I have heard if you store your motorhome the jacks should be down or the motorhome should be supported on blocks. This prevents flat spots on the tires and prevents sidewall damage.

I have also been told if you remove your batteries they should never be placed on a bare concrete floor and should be on wood blocks or thick plywood.

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/10
Picture of bud@YXY
posted Hide Post
In AZ I think the humidity is occasionally as high as 40%.

1993 Breakaway 36ft & 1977 20 ft
Spartan: air ride and brakes & P32(?)
Cummins: 8.3 litre 250hp, PACBrake
Allison 3060 (6 spd)
Front entry, side hallway
7.5 kw diesel gen.
1999 2dr Tracker 4X4 5spd, SMI Braking system

Posts: 253 | Location: Yukon--Arizona and around | Member Since: 06-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post