Tools
Reply To This Topic

Mail forwarding to uspo
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/11
Picture of Tom Loughney
posted
So I gave it a try, fail.....

I generally have things sent to my ups store and then have them forward to me where I may be. Double the cost. I am in Jackson, wy now. I called the main post office number told me Jackson had two offices that take general delivery mail. Addressed to me, street address, gen del. Ups could not deliver, held at station. Lucky I was in town, went to ups location, they asked my name and the guy said , have them here. Gave them to me, back to post office, why can't I get mail here. If it does not have a stamp they won't accept it, so no mail from ups or fedex. Ups store said they accept, sign and hold mail for you at 5 dollars a package. The ups depot showed me packages addressed to thm with instructions to hold at dock for pick up. Free service, I will try that next time.

Tom Loughney
Barthless....

Posts: 202 | Location: Thailand  | Member Since: 03-31-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
My experience with post offices has been all over the map, literally and figuratively. Some great, some awful. It seems to depend on the personality of the postmaster.

Quartzsite is so terrible that many people drive clear over to Blythe to get their mail. All winter, every winter. I use a private address there, but if the address isn't Absolutely Letter-Perfect, it is rejected and sent back as undeliverable.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
]
quote:
Quartzsite is so terrible that many people drive clear over to Blythe to get their mail. All winter, every winter. I use a private address there, but if the address isn't Absolutely Letter-Perfect, it is rejected and sent back as undeliverable.

Treatment like that is enough to make one go "postal"!

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post