Forums    General Discussions    Pictures-Pictures-Pictures!!!!
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Pictures-Pictures-Pictures!!!!
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Bob,

I am sorry if I misunderstood, that would not at all be new, I live my life in the clouds. I support checklists 100%. Are you suggesting we implement a check list on the website for folks who are listing their coaches for sale here? That sounds cool for me as long as it doesn't sound like the website is endorsing or certifying anything. I am super paranoid about that, and I know that you know that. They probably have a pill for it I know.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
Bob,
I think that you have stumbled upon an interesting trait of human nature, which I have observed time and time again. It’s almost always around selling something. I bet that there is a name for it. I’m just not smart enough to know what it is. My neighbor is a classic at it. It goes something like this: If you have something for sale, the buyer has the thought that there must be something wrong with it or the price has to be too high and must be negotiated. On the other hand, if that same person (buyer from last sentence) has something for sale, it must be a great item and is set at a fair price. Also, it would be insulting to think that negotiations are necessary.

So, I think that you may have touched on some of this mind set.

Finally, a checklist is a great tool. Everyone makes one, either mentally or on paper. Some are better than others. I’m all for one and like the one on the bluebird website mentioned by Toosahn.

Posts: 175 | Location: Edgewood, KY, USA | Member Since: 08-26-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Mike, do you mean we all want to buy low and sell high?

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well all, I have a finalized - until its changed thru suggestions - Buyers Check List. Thanks to Bob Gramer and Larry & Heidi Lee for their input. I would be happy to forward the list to anyone who request it. Just e-mail me thru this web site or post it here. This list is in MS Word 2002 format. I guess I could try to make a HTM version but not sure how it will come out.
Bob Gramer is more interested in just a Sellers type check list but I believe this list could be used (with modifications maybe) for both. My list is cloned off the Bluebird list mentioned by tooshan.

------------------
Barth Wannabe
Nick and Glo

Posts: 34 | Location: Brandenburg, KY USA | Member Since: 02-15-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Sounds interesting. Perhaps you could post it here (as a new thread) and we could all add suggestions or nitpick. It sounds like it could help in making a decision whether to buy, but also in shaping up a recently purchased coach before a maiden voyage.

Heck a good list might even help one of us find in our present coach a lurking problem we didn't even consider.

[This message has been edited by bill h (edited April 13, 2004).]

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post