Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

photos of 89 Barth
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hi Y'all
I took photos of the 89 Barth I am considering buying. I would like to post them and get your opinions, but I can not figure out how to upload photos to this site. Can anyone tell me how to do it? Thanks!
Joe

Posts: 42 | Location: Canton, TX USA | Member Since: 06-20-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Start by opening an account at www.photobucket.com it is free. Then up load your images there. After you have done that below each image is a link which starts with a [img]. copy that entire address to the post. You can have up to 8 images on each post.

------------------

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited June 21, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited June 21, 2005).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Dave,

That comma at the end will screw with alot of browsers.....

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, the comma did mess me up, but I figured it out !!!
Problem is I still can't get photos from my computer onto the photobucket site...
I will try again,

Posts: 42 | Location: Canton, TX USA | Member Since: 06-20-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I'm going to sound really stupid here for a moment. I signed on to photobucket, registered an account, and now Dave says "upload your images there". To me he might as well say fly to the moon and spit on a rock then throw the pictures at the sun and they will be on photobucket. I have roughly a hundred photos in this computer somewhere, and on a good day I can find most of them. I've even managed to put together some pretty good albums that pertain to the same subject, be it fishing or Barths or whatever. Where they are and how I can find them or "upload" them to a specific place is beyond my knowledge and comprehension. When I recieved this high quality PC for Christmas a year and a half ago I told the schoolteacher friend of my wife's that picked it out that it was a great gift but it was about as useful as a Zamboni to me because I have absolutely no idea how to work it. Every tutorial is based on the premise that I already have a degree in computer science and know what they are talking about. I often sit here and look at this computer, then at the ditch across the street, and have to get up and do something else before I introduce one to the other. I have come to the conclusion that some people have a microprocessor gene and some don't, and I am hopelessly doomed to the latter group. Thankfully, I do know how to type and have a fair grasp of the language so all is not lost and I can look forward to stopping by the site to read what others have to say and hopefully impart a bit of knowledge pertaining to something other than this @##$%%^^&^&&**@# computer. I hope letting off this little bit of steam doesn't warm things up down here or even up in Dave country.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
OK, Danny, let's give it a try.

Go to www.photobucket.com and sign in.

It should display a page that says in the upper lh corner "ALBUM:" (your name)

More or less in the center of the page will be a box that says "browse". Click on it.

A small screen will appear, with "choose file" at the top.

Right below the top bar will be "Look in" . In that window will be perhaps "my documents". If the pictures you want to transfer are in "my documents" on your computer, good. If they are in "my pictures" on your computer, use the down arrow to display "my pictures" in the window. Or you might have "my pictures" displayed in the box. Click on either the document or "my pictures".

If you clicked on "my pictures", all of your pictures should appear in the box.

Click on a picture and select "open".

The title of your picture should appear in the "picture" window on your photobucket page.

If you wish, put a new title in the "tag or title" window.

Click "submit".

Scroll down a little and you should see your picture.

Then follow Dave's instructions to post the link below the picture here so we can see it, too.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Well here's a confession Danny Z. I get the same blank brain movement when Bill H talks about mechanics. You guys who go out and rebuild your carburetor during a TV commercial have it way over us "uploader" people.

Upload means to send something, download means to get something. So for you to up load to Photobucket you need to go there and tell the program what photo you want to send to Photobucket (PB).

OK print this out and have it next to you when you want to store some photos on PB.

Now I am assuming you had no trouble registering at www.photobucket.com and that you signed in. Then click on the "My Album" now see below where it says "Account Options" "Blog Options" etc. forget those things and go to where it says picture and click on "Browse". After you hit browse locate the image you want to upload. If you have many images you want to up load go down where it says "Submit multiple pictures" and click on that and you can submit up to 19 at a time. But if you only have dial up rather than a cable modem or DSL, just do one at a time.

After locating the image you want just hit Open and then "Submit". After a moment, (may take a while for high resolution photos) it will say "Pictures Added" in red. Then scroll down and you will see the image/s you just uploaded. Now below the image will be two lines with internet addresses on them. One says URL and one says IMG If you want to send a link of this image in an email then copy the URL line. If you want the image in a post on this or another website use the IMG line. Make sure you get the whole line. It should start with [img] and end with [/img]

Now there are a lot of other things that you can do also. Photobucket is a great resource and the only one like it on the web because they allow linking to any other website. Many will allow temporary linking to Ebay and Amazon auctions but as many of you recall we have gone through three or four of these services since the website started almost 5 years ago.

Now when you upload you may find that the image is way to big. You should never have an image that is larger than 1/2 of the screen size. If it is larger your friends with out broadband will have a hard time opening it. So click on the image in PB and see how big it is before you transfer it to Barthmobile and you can see right there on PB how to reduce it.

Now I am home almost ever night around here. You can call me at 877-261-6524, this is a toll free number feel free to call. If we are in the middle of Raymond I may not answer it and if it's after 10:00 my time. Remember I have a job now..crap...

And then of course, you can always just email the photos to me or send them in the mail I will scan them and return them. I will only return them if you ask me to. I get a lot of photos....

Hope this helps, if you get stuck call me...

Now can I say one other thing with out hurting anyones feelings. I love you all dearly and hope that some time we will have a rally and get together and have a ball. But, the phone number is if you get stuck and need help. If you want to tell me that you past a Barth on HWY ?? yesterday, post it so that we can all know. There is a reason why I did not buy the NADA values book. Remember we now have 500 people visit this site every day. I get at least 15 emails a day (actually I really love that part) If you know what I mean. Please don't take this the wrong way I just may be in the middle of a new rendition of Wildwood Flower...

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Geez Bill, are we a team or what? How many times has this happened where we are answering the same ? at the same time. COOL

------------------

First Month Member
posted Hide Post
Wildwood Flower, eh?

We just got back from 5 days at a 3 day bluegrass festival. Heard it at least once.

Merle Haggard showed up and didn't even fall down.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi again Y'all!
We are still unable to post photos of the 89 Barth we are considering, but I have some additional info on the Barth. We would certainly appreciate your opinion.
This is a 31 foot Bart Regal SE.
VIN number 17N540328K004280
It has a Cummins model 6BT5.9
Engine serial number 44301656
and an Allison automatic transmission with 80k miles on it.
We know nothing about Diesels, and need some help. Is this a good engine model? Can it pull our horse trailer that weighs aprox 6000-7000lbs when fully loaded?
Any opinions and help is truly appreciated!
Thanks!
jen & Joe

The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
That shows indeed, a picture of a Barth.

[This message has been edited by olroy (edited June 24, 2005).]

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com11/10
Picture of Bill & Sonja
posted Hide Post
Hi Jen & Joe, this is a great looking Barth. We have an 88 SE gas and love it.

I am somewhat surprised to see a Regal SE with a diesel engine. Do you know which chassis it is? Is it orignal or a re-fit by an owner? I have often wondered if anyone had done this. It sounds like a great combination. I look forward to hearing more aobut it. Thanks for posting.

Posts: 115 | Location: Calgary - Alberta & B.C., Canada | Member Since: 09-17-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wahoo! Finally managed to get a photo on here! so here is another one of the interior:

It has a John Deere chassy (sp?) I believe. when Joe gets home I'll have him confirm. We are concerned that a diesel puller will be too loud and that conversations bewteen driver and passenger will involve too much shouting! What do you think?
Thanks!
jen

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited June 24, 2005).]

First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenandjoe:
We are concerned that a diesel puller will be too loud and that conversations bewteen driver and passenger will involve too much shouting! What do you think?
Thanks!
jen

Sometimes I like to pretend I can't hear my wife.

But seriously, if it is way too loud when you drive it, you won't like it. If it is a little too loud, you can quiet it down with modern soundproofing materials. I can send you some links.

Lots of Bluebirds had front diesels, and talking to bird owners or going to a forum could be informative. You could ask about noise and remedies.

http://www.vintagebirds.com/

http://www.wanderlodge.us/

As for power, it would depend on terrain and your tolerance for slowing down up hills and mountains. On flat land, it should be OK. Breakaways had that engine, so you should get some good input from them.

Mileage should be really good.

posted Hide Post
Hi Jen, Looks like a nice one to me, but I don't know very much. We just bought a 1986 34' and are still trying to figure what does what. A question for you. I want to post some pics of our Barth but cant figure out how to get them from the photobucket to here.Help!

Posts: 10 | Location: Riga,Michigan USA | Member Since: 01-31-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post