Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth 5th Wheel
 Login now/Join our community

posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your input and opinions. I think I will let it stay there in the woods. Sure would have been cool if it had been a factory model....

Posts: 5 | Location: Minnesota | Member Since: 04-25-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
MINNHAWK

Where in MN is this unit located. To me it sorta looks like a factory job. The main body does not have ribbing all the way up and the front part matches the top of the main body. The roof line on the front portion also matches.

But who knows. It might have been a factory conversion.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1187 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
The parts that match are there because they reused them after ripping them off the trailer.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Wonder how this thing pulled down the highway??? Tooling Along So much for engineering and weight distribution. mechanic Can you imagine the extra tongue weight with all that added to the front of the trailer without any adjustment to axle placement? nono

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
I'm betting this particular unit was custom built to "sit" (just like it was discovered here) and was probably only pulled a short distance across the field to it's permanent location. Not a highway puller... just a guess.

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Something tells me the attempt to create this 5th wheel was for pulling it down the highway. I can't begin to guess how it pulled. It did end up on a lot on Lake Mille Lacs until it was moved 16 years ago to the woods. If you want to see it, it is located on Mille Lacs County 21 west from US 169 about 1/2 mile on the north side of the road. Cty 21 is also called the "Chico's Road", so when you see Chico's Restaurant coming north on 169 (3 miles south of Onamia), hang a left.

Posts: 5 | Location: Minnesota | Member Since: 04-25-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Exactly where described - found it on my first try.

The exact location:
12415 300th St,
Onamia, MN 56359

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Exactly where described - found it on my first try.

You sly fox, you! Big Grin

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post