Forums    General Discussions    Boxer wheels?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Boxer wheels?
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
Recently I clicked on the Boxer wheels link and nothing came up that was useful! Are they still in business? Has anyone any experience with them or this type of wheel??

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Try Googling Verde Boxer Wheels or Verde Wheels.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
This is not the same thing Rusty. Boxer was a Calif. company now out of biz which used a 33 x 12.5 x 16.5 tire?? as I recall. I had Boxer wheels on my 28 foot Regal. It was wonderful, front tires held 55 psi and were a good foot wide. Too bad lack of demand doomed the co.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Boxer used to make the wheels for Max Ellis as Ellis Safewide wheels. When Max retired, Brett at Boxer continued to make an improved version, selling them as Boxer wheels. His site is gone, and he is no longer listed in the Garden Grove phonebook as of at least a year ago. You might try his old email Brett@boxerwheel.com.

I used to know of a pair in the SFO area, but don't remember if they were 16 or 16.5. Oh yeah, they were rusted a little from being stored in a garden shed. Dave remembers Kajtek. I can check if you wish.

A search of this site for Ellis or Boxer will yield some information.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I first did a search for Boxer Wheels, and it kept coming up "Verde Boxer Wheels" - perhaps Verde bought Boxer?

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post