Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Creative Spamming
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted
Isn't interesting how the spammers are creative in their ways to communicate. First I got 100 emails on how to en;larg it, then another 100 on super prices on V$coden, who do they think I am Rush Limbaugh. Now I have got 8 today on Italian r0L$x watches.

They should know that I can't afford any of this stuff. I have sent all my money to the Prince of Siab, true descendant to the Liberian throne. When he gets his money I get half. (don't tell anyone, it's just between him and I.)

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
My ISP has a super spam filter, and I use a Mac. Between the two I have hardly anything to talk about. About once a week the ISP tells me he's holding a suspicious piece of e-mail I can elect to receive, or not, and there aren't enough Macs around for the cyberspace vandals to pay much attention to. Also not nearly as many people are mad at Steve jobs, as are at Bill Gates, so they don't try to sabotage his systems.

Somehow, though, I don't feel lonely, not fighting computer viruses, or getting stuff designed to take my money by generating penis envy.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
She who must be obeyed
and
me, Ensign 3rd crass
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
“No one has ever gone broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.”

P.T. Barnum

In these troubled times it is reassuring to find at least one constant.

Now Dave quit horning in on my deal with the Prince.

Just to show I am a man of good character, I am prepared to offer for your viewing pleasure, two refinance emails and one break your marriage vows, with a drug of your choice email at no additional charge in exchange for a set of round head light bezels.

[This message has been edited by timnlana (edited October 22, 2004).]

Posts: 282 | Location: Studio City, California | Member Since: 02-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
I have developed a software program that is positively guaranteed to eliminate ALL scam-spam e-mails!

Only $49.95!......(prefer cash or money orders only please....)

For faster service, send me your credit card & Pin number...we'll process your order and send your card right back to you.......

ACT TODAY....Don't ever be a victim again...!!

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
It's on it's way Lee, but be careful because half of my brain is in the package. Kind of messy...

------------------

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited October 22, 2004).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
She who must be obeyed
and
me, Ensign 3rd crass
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
Wow Lee what a deal, sadly the Prince has all my liquid assets tied up at the moment but as soon as my multi million-dollar payday comes in I'll get right back to you, trust me, I’m from the government, I’m here to help you.

Posts: 282 | Location: Studio City, California | Member Since: 02-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hey Olroy watch it. We don't allow the word pen$s or V@g|nA to be used on this website. You know how anally retentive I am...whoops

------------------

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
I pay 20 dollars a year for Yahoo Mail Plus, and it does a pretty good job of screening spam. When one does get through, I flag it as spam, and they learn the spammers' new tricks and refine their blocking intelligence.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post