Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Name for my 1st Barth
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/10
Picture of kokoken
posted
Friday, I am to pick up my 1st Barth. Do owners name their RV's ?

If so, is "Bertha" way overused ?

After I have the title in hand, I will be posting details and pics.

1979 24 footer

Posts: 65 | Location: Indiana | Member Since: 07-28-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
If so, is "Bertha" way overused

I haven't seen "Bartha" used anywhere

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Without going into detail, I'd like to suggest "Golden Voyager". After the deal is done etc., I'll explain if you want.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Bones
posted Hide Post
Our Barth is named Barbi and my KZ1000 is FiFi.

Regal 25 built in 1989
1985 P-30 chassis
454 TH400

Posts: 212 | Location: Somewhere in the SW | Member Since: 03-06-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Jan Hawk
posted Hide Post
My Barth is named "Sluggo" in memory of my first semi truck

Jan Hawk

Posts: 12 | Location: ST.Petersburg,FL. | Member Since: 11-18-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post

I sometimes refer to ours as Gimble, after my favorite talk show host, Barth Gimble.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Mine is "StaRV II", easily picked because my prior SOB was "StaRV".

Both were/are used for several astronomical star parties every year.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
My grandkids named ours. They took one look at it and knew two things: it was old and it was blue. Ergo, 'Old Blue'.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/10
Picture of kokoken
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input. I think I am gonna go with "Bertha". I can't wait to show you pics of this beauty.

1979 24 footer

Posts: 65 | Location: Indiana | Member Since: 07-28-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
My Bluebird was named Moonbeam Express as our mini Aussie is named Moonbeam. She came with that name due to the streak of white hair in her mane.

We never named the Barth and I still haven't named my 55 Feathercraft 13.5 DR either. Unfortunately, my FC may be on the market this spring as we sold our NH home and have a new boat here in Florida. Still pondering that one.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/12
Picture of Carl Feren
posted Hide Post
My brother-in-law named our Breakaway "BARTHY".

When we brought our Barth home for the first time we had a ... THIS IS BAD!!! ... a "Barthday Party" to intorduce our new Barth to our friends and neighbors.

Carl & Betsy Feren

30'- 1992 Breakaway on Spartan Chassis
5.9L Cummins 190
Banks Powerpack
Allison 4 spd - 542B
9206-3805-30BS-6B
7KW Kohler Propane Genset

Posts: 159 | Location: All of North America | Member Since: 02-16-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post