Forums    General Discussions    DEB GIVE DAVE HIS MEDS!
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

DEB GIVE DAVE HIS MEDS!
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted
Dave, i'm not going to get in a pissing match with you right now as the debates are comming on shortly. BUT, you don't know what the hell you are talking about! You, by your own admission haven't even driven one of these coaches let alone inspected one close enough to know about them. you again go for wives tales to justify trashing a good coach and a barth at that! you continually trash these coaches with NO FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE and rely on hearsay only. I think maybe you better make a run over to lincoln and talk to Les and his son Chris (not chuck) and begin your education. then make some runs to those of us who own some of these motorhomes and check them out also. We might even let you drive one for a retraction.
mike

------------------
mike foster
83-35' regency 8.2 detroit towing 98 cherokee classic 4x4

Posts: 149 | Location: earlham,iowa-usa | Member Since: 01-08-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wait, wait.....I gotta get some popcorn and a beer............OK, ready, GO!

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Mike, I'm not going to argue with you. And, I am very glad that you are happy with your coach. Like I said I love the 35 ft. coach with the side entry, a great floor plan. When I first started this website one of the first coaches that was on the gallery was an '85 Regency and I though it was awesome.

However, my criticism comes from discussions with Les who is quite candid about the short comings, Jack Knott the former VP of Barth and several other long time Barth owners. However, I must also say that I have also talked to quite a few MCC owners who quite logically love their coaches.

I have, (half kidding, half not) said in the past that the guy who owns an MCC is the same guy who would owns an MG. And, you would not believe how many MCC owners I have talked to who have MG's.

The bottom line is that at $145,000.00 each this was one of the most profitable coaches that Barth ever made. If there wasn't any problems they would have continued making them till 1998.

Oh, and I would bet that I have talked to Les twice to three times more than any MCC owner on this website. I am sorry I got his sons name wrong. But I do know that if it were up to Chris he wouldn't be making any MCC parts.

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited October 05, 2004).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, quit making fun of us MG owners. You can only wish you owned a 1960 MG twin cam. Someone once said I don't like or believe CAR SALESMEN, OR REAL ESTATE people, and I said THANKS, my father is a Buick dealer, and my mother owns her own Real Estate business. Now I learn that I'm a loser because I own an MG. I think I will go in the corner and CRY. My parents were great folks, and I say to you, THERE IS AN EXCEPTION TO EVERY RULE. You must say more than that to make me mad. hehe

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Now Dale, what I meant was that a person who owns an MCC or an MG is a person who enjoys a challenge. You like to live on the edge, you are not a member of the mediocrity who lives on the safe side.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well OK....I will take your word on it.

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post