Forums    General Discussions    Possible purchaser perusing 'Pierce'?...
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Possible purchaser perusing 'Pierce'?...
 Login now/Join our community

posted
WOW...what a great search engine! However, I'm not finding much about a Barth I don't know much of anything about. Would someone be willing to enlighten a bit, please?

The Barth I'm hoping to get an in person look at soon, is described as a "1977 Pierce Barth Ford Motorhome". Is anybody savvy enough to unravel any of that and share a few comments about what that is? I've only just discovered Barths and find myself most intrigued, partly due to this website and the amount of activity, outstanding information and vast differences in the models Barth built.

Thank you,

Mark Spencer
Modesto, CA

Posts: 3 | Location: Modesto, CA | Member Since: 07-19-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
Hi Mark I'm not an expert but check the year on that Barth the post says its a 1977. I have a 1976 Barth 27', the windshield on mine measures 30 1/2 inches top to bottom it looks like this one has the shorter one. This Pierce Barth motor home looks to me like an eariler model, also on mine the radiator access door opens from the top.

Ralph Glover
GOOD LUCK, THE BARTHS ARE GREAT RVS. WE REALLY LOVE OURS.

Posts: 167 | Location: LaFontaine, IN,USA | Member Since: 07-03-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ralph,

Would you be willing to tell me more about the Pierce and Ford parts of this coach? Did a company named Pierce do something special? Better or worse than others?

I assume it's Ford powered...would you be able to share anything about that, such as reliability and reputation of the running gear?

Again, thanks for the speedy reply. I hope to learn more from you.

Mark in Modesto

Posts: 3 | Location: Modesto, CA | Member Since: 07-19-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mark, Dave Bowers or one of the other Barth experts will have to answer your questions about the PIERCE BARTH FORD MOTORHOME, I have never heard of one of these. Sorry.

Ralph Glover

Posts: 167 | Location: LaFontaine, IN,USA | Member Since: 07-03-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
This one on ebay is also identified as a "Pierce Barth":
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte...0057&sspagename=WDVW
quote:
Originally posted by REGLOVER:
Mark, Dave Bowers or one of the other Barth experts will have to answer your questions about the PIERCE BARTH FORD MOTORHOME, I have never heard of one of these. Sorry.

Ralph Glover

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I only got into this Barth thing around 4 years ago. I have done quite a bit of research and talked with factory guys and other old time Barth owners. I have until not never heard of a "Pierce" Barth. This is a new one for me.. I have a ton of old advertizements back to 1969 and even a Motorhome Magazine article on the history of Barth and there is no mention of the "Pierce" Barth..

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
mark,

I see the 77 ford pierce barth you are talking about. but now it's lost 5 years of age and the drivetrain is now a chevy! (ie, it's now a 72 pierce barth w/ 350 chevy)

something is not quite right.

Posts: 29 | Location: austin, tx | Member Since: 07-21-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all who replied...right after I posted, my computer took a dump and I lost it all. Sorry for the delay in thanking you guys. Having learned that old Barth is a lot farther away than I thought, I'm just gonna watch it go. I think somebody would get a heckuva deal if he picked it up for $1500. Oh well...

All the best,

Mark in Modesto

posted Hide Post
mark,

I'll try to keep you all posted. the seller is horible w/ decent information. but I took the gamble and will have to see what I actually get.

just have to figure out how to get down there and get it back here.

paul schuster
santa cruz

Posts: 29 | Location: austin, tx | Member Since: 07-21-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Philipp>
posted
Well Paul - It looks like you "WON" it! Congratulations

Reply With QuoteReport This Post