Tools
Reply To This Topic

Garage/knob/switch identification on 74
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Need help identifying a few things:

-knob with 4 switches labeled off/off/pass/drv located on drivers side floor

- 2 on/off switches to the right of the steering column

-two on off switches labeled backup and step that are separated by a cigarette lighter slot

- hard to see in the pic but just below and to the right of the backup and step switches are two fan knobs...what fans do they run?

I'm stumped, so any help I would be grateful for!

Please excuse the pic quality(ipad) and the dirtiness of the Barth!

Posts: 27 | Location: Austin | Member Since: 01-01-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
My guess is the 4 way switch is connected to your batteries. The backup and step for lights. Do you have fans on you dash that the other might run?

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the quick response.

Any idea of the purpose of the 4 way switch on the batteries?

I don't see any evidence that a backup light has ever been installed. I checked the step light, as well as the outside door light(for good measure) and they are only controlled by the switch on the actual fixture.

Nope no dash fans.

I guess you can see why I am confused lol!

Posts: 27 | Location: Austin | Member Since: 01-01-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Do you have 2 fuel tanks? The 4 way may be a fuel tank selector valve... Can you get to the back side to see if it is a switch (ie wires) vs a valve (fuel lines)

As for the others, check to see if the switches have wires on them... they may be "custom" from someone's DIY wiring job....

good luck with the mystery, keep us posted!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5197 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not able to get under until Saturday...I do have two tanks but have a different switch that selects between the two tanks and the gen. I will keep ya posted as I find out more.

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
It looks like you have a small tachometer gauge as well. I don't think Barth used them back then, another reason I suspect you have "custom" wiring. Good luck tracking them down!

Ah, the mysteries of the Barth custom coach!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5197 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post