Forums    General Discussions    Is this the old Barth factory?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Is this the old Barth factory?
 Login now/Join our community

FKA: PL77
posted
Just wondering if this was the old Barth factory?

If so, what in the world are they building there now? That's *a lot* of chassis's in the parking lot...

Posts: 52 | Member Since: 03-11-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Charles L>
posted
You have the wrong site. go West to hiway 15 then so to the sweeping curve. They build horse trailers at the old plant.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Some of the old brochures say "State Road 15".

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So you mean this building?

That doesn't seem to match the building layout or proximity to the road for the barth factory shown in this image:

Is that the right image of the Barth factory?

EDIT: Here is a 1999 photo of the location Charles referenced. It looks empty and abandoned, which would lead credence to the fact that this is the true factory site, as Barth would have moved out. I guess that also means that the photo showing the 'Barth Factory' is also incorrect.

<Charles L>
posted
Now you have the correct site, they build horse trailers there now.

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
www.maps.google.com has a later shot that shows long white things parked there. Could be horse trailers.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I'll certainly accept the explanation that the second link I posted is the location of the factory (as well as the link billh posted), but you'd have to agree that the image purporting to be the Barth factory is most likely a shot of the first link I posted. It really doesn't look anything like the buildings in that second link, unless they have been drastically altered during the interim years.

Or did the Barth factory move at one time in its history?

<Charles L>
posted
Old Barth mfg is at 804 S Higbee St., Milford, IN