Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

How to Advertise
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I just couldn't let this go by without sharing. I have to believe it's a fake but I actully took this detailed discription off eBay. They say you never can provide too much information? Well maybe thiy're wrong! Here it is exactly as I read it:

I am relisting this with a lower reserve price.

This motorhome runs fine. We recently moved to North Dakota from Oregon. I drove it pulling a 17 foot fiberglass boat. I didn't have a bit of trouble the whole way. I am a petite grandmother. My husband followed behind me driving our pickup hauling his motorized wheelchair.

We bought the motorhome in 2002 and have been living in it until June. We found a house in North Dakota and here we are. Since my husband is disabled he draws Social Security Disability and I stay home to care for him. His monthly allottment isn't enough to pay the bills. To qualify for SSI (Social Security's form of Welfare) you must not get much money from Disability and you cannot have assets over $3,000.00 for a married couple. Therefore, he has been deemed unqualified to receive benefits as Social Security claims this motorhome is worth $12,000.00. That is what we paid for it 4 years ago and we have lived in it since then. No Depreciation.

We MUST SELL this as we are very poor and we need money to do much needed repairs to the house we bought on ebay. We can't afford to buy the medicine my husband needs. We need this sold soon so we can get electric work done, water pipes fixed and now we have found that we have a leaky roof. The house we bought on ebay was not quite truthful in their ad. We are very happy to have the house but would like to have known the truth about it from the beginning instead of finding out later.

Perhaps you don't need a motorhome and would like to help us out anyway. That is fine with us. We welcome any help we can get. The grandchildren will thank you and we will too.

On our way to North Dakota from Oregon we stopped in Colorado to visit with family and after a long story we were given our 3 grandchildren to care for for an unspecified amount of time. They also love it here after having lived in a not so desirable region of Phoenix, Arizona.

The upstairs of the house is where they sleep. It doesn't have any covering over the insulation. We also need to buy some sheetrock or paneling to cover this up. We need our hot water heater to work and water pipes fixed and house rewired so we can live comfortably.

The motorhome is in good condition. I wouldn't be a bit worried to start it up and drive it back to Oregon. It needs to be cleaned. I can't seem to find the time to do it. It is quite pretty inside. It has lots of oak faced cabinets along the sides. There is a double walk around bed in the back. Under the bed is storage. The table nook makes into a bed that would definitely sleep an adult comfortably or a couple of children. The sofa makes into a double bed and there is a pull-down bunk above the drivers area that would also sleep an adult. This will easily sleep 6 adults. I don't know how big the holding tanks are, but they are pretty big. We didn't use them much as we were always in an RV Park. There is a 4KW Onan generator that runs off the units fuel tank that has 944 hours logged on it. We used it a couple of times when the power went out. It starts from outside the motorhome or there is an on/off switch on the dash. It has a 3 way fridge. I know that it works on electricity and propane but I never tried to run it on battery. The batteries are all working fine still taking and holding a charge. There is a place on the roof for carrying items. We put the grandkids bicycles up there for the trip from Colorado to North Dakota. The main awning on the passengers side was replaced in 2004 after a gust of wind separated it from the motorhome. There is 3 awnings on windows on the drivers side. There is also windshield covers for when you don't want anyone looking in while it is parked. The range has four burners and an oven. I always lit these with a lighter. I know that the oven has a pilot light but I stored my baking pans in it so I never kept it lit. There is a turn off for it. The burners don't have pilot lights. The water heater is propane and will light from inside the unit with a simple flick of a switch. As simple as turning on a light. We are presently using the shower in the motorhome as we don't have hot running water in the house. It runs on gasoline and has a 454 engine. The odometer reading is 62,159 miles. It has an automatic transmission. The unit has dash air and roof air for when you are parked. Both work fine. There is a build in propane tank that works fine but is empty. We used a portable tank that we hooked up so we didn't have to move the motorhome while parked. There is a rock guard to keep a towed vehicle from becoming pitted by debris that might get thrown up on it.

It will need a couple of minor items. In addition to a good cleaning it will need: An accordian door that blocks the bathroom from the front of the motorhome needs to be rehung or replaced. I cannot do it myself. I don't know if it can be rehung, it might need to be replaced instead. The vibration of driving backed out the screws and I can't lift it and rescrew it at the same time. The flush pedal on the toilet won't let water in. There is a little keeper nut on the end of the rod that keeps falling off. You have to take the toilet off the floor to put the nut back on. I got tired of doing it so finally just used water from the bathroom sink to flush it. The trap still works fine, but the water doesn't run into the bowl. The windshield of the motorhome is divided into drivers side and passengers side down the middle. The drivers half has a crack in it. It isn't exactly in the middle, but close. It runs up and down, not side to side. I tore one of the mudflaps off while backing it into our driveway. It will need to be put back on or replaced. It needs to have a new thermostat for the furnace. It used to work, then it started going bad. It would light the furnace and not shut off so the blower kept blowing after the furnace shut off. Then it quit igniting the furnace. The RV Park we lived in included electricity in the rent so we just used space heaters instead of the propane furnace so we didn't replace the thermostat.

If you have any question send me an email. You are welcome to take a look at it, hear it run or take it for a drive. It is in Gackle, North Dakota. It has a for sale sign in the window and if someone comes up with cash we will end the auction early.

We would like to get it out of the driveway. There is an RV Park down the street if this is purchased by a duck hunter and they want to keep it in the area. This is a very popular duck and goose hunting area. Benelli and Remington are regular visitors to the area. A lot of the houses in town are owned by duck hunters that come to the area only once or twice a year.

We need to sell this SOON.

If you are the winning bidder you will need to send nonrefundable $1,000.00 within 3 days of the end of the auction and the remaining balance within 11 days of the end of the auction. Please also make arrangements to move it within 14 days of the end of the auction. I'll drive it to the RV Park or some other location close by for you. I'm not afraid.

Thanks for looking and good luck bidding. Contact me for any problems or questions.

Posts: 75 | Location: Wyoming, MI USA | Member Since: 05-01-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post