Forums    General Discussions    California purchase tax?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

California purchase tax?
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
On another site it was stated that a buyer of an RV from California
had to pay a fee of 8% of the value of said RV
if it was transacted(?) by the seller/buyer in that state only.
Was that info correct?

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Most states impose a sales tax on transactions; if the sale was private, the tax is usually collected when the vehicle is titled. Dealers collect the tax if they sell; if the vehicle is to be titled in another state, again, it will be collected on titling.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rusty,
I have been told that you would be the one I contact in order to edit my post on my Barth for sale, since Bill is the person who does that and he is gone at this time. I need to be able to add some information and phone numbers to my add. Please let me know if you are the one I should be contacting, and if not, do you know who could help me out? Thanks

Carol

Posts: 26 | Location: Bass Lake, CA | Member Since: 06-28-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Yep, I'm the one. However, you can edit your own posts - click the eraser icon (next to the quote icon) at the bottom right of the post, and it'll bring up the original window and you can edit.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post