Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth upgrades and improvements
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of beeoh
posted
I would like to propose a new forum category with the title "Barth upgrades and improvements". Yeah, I know, we all own a Barth because its the perfect motorhome!! Right. This might be the case for some owners but for others there is always room for improvement. I'm not talking repairs and upkeep here, but actual projects and changes owners have made to make their Barth more liveable/ more user friendly/just better.... practical things that would be of interest to a lot of us with enough detail available for those that want to do the same sort of thing. I like to fiddle with my Barth during downtimes and am always thinking of ways to improve it and I can't help but think there are others doing the same. So speak up and let us know what you think. Bob and Jan

------------------
Bob and Jan Orr
Canadian Barth owners
94 30ft. Breakaway

Posts: 196 | Location: Qualicum Beach,Vancouver Island | Member Since: 06-20-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of beeoh
posted Hide Post
Okay, I'll try and get this started. We have the Corion countertops in our Breakaway with the inserts that cover stove and sink. Now, where do you put these flat inserts when you are using the stove and sink? Good question huh. Well our solution was to cradle the three different inserts on the front of the lower cabinet doors using 4 chrome L shaped mirror hanging brackets mounted on cabinet face so lip of insert slides into them and they are held flat against door (actually I used the door under the sink for the larger stove insert/ the side of the small dining area cabinet for the larger sink piece and the lower part of the pantry door to hold the small sink piece.) Now this gets them out of the way and you can leave them there as they travel well with no rattles and don't try and slide out. A very simple answer for us at very little cost.

------------------
Bob and Jan Orr
Canadian Barth owners
94 30ft. Breakaway

Posts: 196 | Location: Qualicum Beach,Vancouver Island | Member Since: 06-20-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Bob and Jan, thank you for the excellent suggestion for the new forum topic. As you know we will be changing the look of the forum in the next few weeks and I will make sure I an "upgrades and improvements.

I know on our coach we did a few things. We put a larger TV in, and my wife is really sold on the flip down counter top extensions so we put one in the bathroom which doubles the space when you are not using the toilet. When the toilet is in use it just flips up.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beeoh:
"Barth upgrades and improvements"

Excellent idea. Plenty of pics and info. That forum would be a great place to show off upgrades, add-ons and ideas.

Wil thar B a spel chek on the new syt Dave?

------------------

1991 Barth Regal
460 EFI C6 Transmission
33' Oshkosh/John Deere Chassis

http://www.TruckRoadService.com/

"Without Trucks,

America Stops"

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
You can get a great spell checker now, free at www.iespell.com or by downloading the Google tool bar. But they don't seem to help me when I just transpose another bonafide word.

------------------

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited January 19, 2006).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This new and up coming forum category sounds like a winner. The flip up over the toilet will be added to the top of my todo list. I have also been thinking about a cover for the stove, possibly with a cutting board surface and a soft closed cell foam on the bottom that will mold over the burner grates and end the need to remove them to stop the rattles when in motion. I still need to think over the pilot light and what to do with the cover while using the stove. In the summer I prefer to cook out side as much as possible and the extra counter space inside would be a welcome addition.
Brad

Posts: 27 | Location: Langley. BC | Member Since: 09-28-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OH COOL!!! I just became a full barthmobile member. It seems like an award or something.
Brad

Posts: 27 | Location: Langley. BC | Member Since: 09-28-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Ok. Someone tell me if the fold away table is available on Daves dream machine (Navette)sp? Do you think it would work on a Regal? I can see taking out the two stationary chairs and table and put in a second sofa for the grand kids.

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Bill; I see this as a way to haul two kids with cooties and even having space for thier vidieo games or whatever straped to the table in transit and with each having a bed with seat belts to ride in 28-32feet.

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SLOOP JOHN B:
Bill; I see this as a way to haul two kids with cooties and even having space for thier vidieo games or whatever straped to the table in transit and with each having a bed with seat belts to ride in 28-32feet.

I only have one with the cooties. The girl got the cooties from school or something and now the boy doesn't want to be touched or looked at by his sister.

I told him that the cooties go away when she hits 5 so he's buying that for now.
------------------

1991 Barth Regal
460 EFI C6 Transmission
33' Oshkosh/John Deere Chassis

http://www.TruckRoadService.com/

"Without Trucks,

America Stops"

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited January 19, 2006).]

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
.....was this idea shot down??

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
no i just forgot to do it.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grouchyandugly
posted Hide Post
per my 1975 Barth, i was apprenhensive about possible leakage from the propane, so i removed my propane water heater, and installed next to the shower a "electric mini tank water heater" by Ariston. got it from home depot; $129. took me about 3 hours to install it, altho someone else probably could install it in a hour or so. checked it out, and it works great; but it only works on a/c, which to me is not a drawback what with my generator, or shore power as available. dimendions: 14H X 14W X 12D; altho about 3- 4 inches required for top for water outlet. draws 12amps.
thanks

Posts: 6 | Location: Macclenny, Florida | Member Since: 01-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post