Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1993 32 Foot Regency, Gillig Chassis, 250 CAT
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/16
posted
Looking for chassis information on a 1993 Barth Regency,250 CAT 32' Gillig chassis.

Posts: 20 | Location: Florida and Indiana | Member Since: 01-20-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Forums! What info do you seek?

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there something that would show the details on the braking system, and suspension?
Thanks for your help

Posts: 20 | Location: Florida and Indiana | Member Since: 01-20-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Typical Regency 32' has full air brakes and an airbag suspension, 1 on each corner, although one Regency 32' had 2 airbags on each side rear. The air pressure is regulated by levelling valves at each.

These systems are both pretty straightforward, although that may not seem so to someone tackling problems for the first time.

If you suspect an issue with either braking or suspension, the Tech Talk forum is a great place to harvest ideas.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much. That is what I was looking for.
Mike

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
Picture of Tool Man T
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2ometerguy:
Is there something that would show the details on the braking system, and suspension?
Thanks for your help
Your're welcome.
The chassis manual that goes with the vehicle would have all the information you need as to the operation and maintenance of the chassis. (Unless you are talking about the basic operation of an air brake system.) That information, as well as how a diesel engine works, can be found on the net with a search. If you have questions about a specific Gillig chassis, you can contact the Gillig service dept.. Have the VIN. at hand with that they can answer your questions. If you want an pre-purchase fitness inspection search josamusa.com. I was givin a (what I considered to be a very reasonable price quote) for an inspection of a Gillig chassis of the same size you are talking about. Hope you find this of some help. (josam recommended to me by Gillig)

Joel Taylor

Posts: 164 | Location: South Carolina | Member Since: 05-12-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post