ok my son is a ski racer and i want some thing
to use for the races we need to haul alot of gear
for the team and us how much storage is under foot
side lockers
also its cold will the furnace keep up
does it run when you drive
thanks kelly
i looking for a lets say 24footer and under

Posts: 11 | Location: mpls, | Member Since: 04-06-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
I was ok until you said "team". Like how many on a team and are you going to haul all the gear? And are you going to sleep the entire team. Not near enough info.

If you are looking to just haul the team, maybe you should consider buying a bus. Lot of seats and lots of storage. Used buses at ABC in Faribault.

If you plan on sleeping the team as well then you need an entertainer coach like the country stars use. Used ones available and lots in Nashville, TN.

Lots more information needed.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1187 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kjsphotos:
ok my son is a ski racer and i want some thing
to use for the races we need to haul alot of gear
for the team and us how much storage is under foot
side lockers
thanks kelly
i looking for a lets say 24footer and under

The later shorties had a higher floor and much larger storage bays outside. You will be able to tell by looking at pictures.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sorry for the lack of info
taking about 3-5 racers
skies, clothing, i also
cook for the team so
doing a little warm up of
food
no sleeping over in it
just transportation
to the hill and back
the hill can be a hour
can be up to 6 hours
of drive time

Posts: 11 | Location: mpls, | Member Since: 04-06-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
With regard to storage.............when I had smaller RVs, I used roof storage and a big rack on the back. Carried a lot of gear that way. A spider bungee and a tarp will hold a lot of gear on the roof, and plastic bins are easy to use on the rear rack. The one I used came from Harbor Freight, and just slipped in to the hitch receiver. I carried skis resting on the bumper apron and tied alongside the ladder with bungees. Be sure to bag the skis to protect the bindings, as lots crud collects back there in winter.

Out of curiosity, what kind of ski racing is done around mpls?

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
he is a high school racer i think 50=60 high schools have race teams.
we have a couple of places to ski in the city
about 15 min from our house

First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
he is a high school racer i think 50=60 high schools have race teams.
we have a couple of places to ski in the city
about 15 min from our house

So, I guess it's cross country, then?

posted Hide Post
no down hill minnesota has i think produced
more top down hill racers i think we have
two on the world cup right now
one is leading l.Vonn she did very well in
the down hill races

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
You will need to add seat belts for those kids. The Barth will probably only have 2 unless someone added more. If you're not sleeping in it, why not convert the bedroom into a storage locker?

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
still have not had any one reply to winter
driv'en does the motor home stay warm
does the furnace stay on

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Bones
posted Hide Post
I have a 25' Regal. I just had my furnace running in the single digit temps we've had in the Chicago area. It heats up real quick and stays warm. How long you can run depends on how big your battery bank is. At the moment I have one battery and not a good one at that. I can go about 1 hour before the battery runs low and I have to fire up the generator. That works out ok since one of the reasons I was there was to run the generator. The bigger the house battery bank the more runtime you'll get. Cold will be working against your batteries too. I imagine these are all day events so unless you can plug into shore power, you will have to run the generator to keep the furnace going.

There are those Olympic catalytic heaters that many swear by. They don't require any electrical to operate, just propane. I don't own one myself so I can't vouch for them.

When my propane tank is full it holds 18 gallons of propane (gals not pounds).

Regal 25 built in 1989
1985 P-30 chassis
454 TH400

Posts: 212 | Location: Somewhere in the SW | Member Since: 03-06-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

I can't answer that from experience, as our furnaces are removed. But Don in Niagara has just posted about driving with his furnace running. The alternator should power the furnace fan while the engine is running.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
Having lived in MPLS from 1966-2000 I understand cold.

First you can drive with the furnaces on, plus you will have engine heat as well. The big problem is window in that no one except Triple E used dual pane windows. 3M use to make a product that you could put over you windows to help make a sudo dual pane.

I would also advise not using the toilet. You will wind up with all kinds of frozen stuff.

OK to use the frig.

There are unit that have been modified for winter usage. Our Barth has heat pads on the fresh water tanks and also the holding tanks. This requires the generator to be running or some other source of A/C.

If you want to chat in person we are flying back to MN tomorrow and will be in Eden Prairie for a couple of weeks. You can send an email from this site.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1187 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i live in mpls and work in E.P.
i will be in touch

First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gary Carter:
3M use to make a product that you could put over you windows to help make a sudo dual pane.

For skiing and hunting, I learned that the aluminum window frame brought in as much cold as the glass itself. I used double-faced foam tape stuck to the inside window frame to stick on a panel of plexi. Our propane consumption showed what a difference it made over the bubble foil we had used previously. It also cut out the condensation.