Forums    General Discussions    Dark Orange Type on slightly Lighter Background
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Dark Orange Type on slightly Lighter Background
 Login now/Join our community

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted
Am I the only one who can't read the orange-on orange-titles?

I was tested yearly for color blindness. Always passed.

But, the same color of type and background always gets me. Our older pilots howled when we went to computer screens in the cockpit, withe the same color for type and background. The colors were changed so the background and type were different colors.

The younger pilots had no complaints.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
Ah, Heck..................I just realized I can highlight the orange on orange titles to make them readable.

Ignore kvetch.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
But, the same color of type and background always gets me.

How do you do on NVG?

Worse yet, ENVG (Red on Red).

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Moonbeam-Express:
quote:
But, the same color of type and background always gets me.

How do you do on NVG?

Worse yet, ENVG (Red on Red).

I was really young then, and had great eyes.

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
This is the same color scheme and header that I've been doing for Halloween Since 10-29-2007. First time I've had anyone say anything about it.

Right now, it's orange text on white backgrounds and white text on orange backgrounds.

Where do you see the orange on orange at Bill?

I don't want to make it tough for anyone and if it isn't right I'll play with it until it is or I'll change it back. Sorry... let me know where and I'll see what I can do.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:

Where do you see the orange on orange at Bill?

let me know where and I'll see what I can do.

Bill, It's not an issue, as I discovered I can read it by highlighting.

Anyway, to answer your question.........

In New Since Last Visit,

"RE: Dark Orange Type on slightly Lighter Background (in General Discussions) by bill h
Forums > General Discussions"

is in dark orange on light orange.

"10-30-2010 06:39 PM" is in black on light orange.

It is this way on my desktop and laptop, running Windows 7 and XP, respectively.

But, I am the only one with the vision problem or some sort of computer issue, so it is of small consequence. I have learned that I now can read it by highlighting. I have also learned that if I go to "Forums", there is no dark orange on light orange. So, I have two ways around the problem.

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bill h:
...I am the only one with the vision problem...
No, you're not. If it's a problem for you, chances are it is a problem for someone else too.

No problem for me to tweak it.

I changed it to Black Text on yellow background - it should be much better now.

Besides Bill... It's only for a couple of hours anyway - it's meant to be fun, change things up a little.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:

I changed it to Black Text on yellow background - it should be much better now.

Besides Bill... It's only for a couple of hours anyway - it's meant to be fun, change things up a little.

Yeah, It's definitely a fun thing. I have noticed the Halloween colors in flower bunches being sold in the stores this weekend, too.

The black-on-orange on the NSLV page is not only easier to read now, but seems even more like halloween. Perhaps because the black type makes me think of bats and black cats and witches, etc.

Now,.................. can you do anything for my dyslexia?