Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

30' foot antenna on top of a Breakaway
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted
Here are some pictures of the 30' HF antenna that I have recently installed on the Breakaway. I have removed the High power amplifier and will be running about 100 watts this summer, but next year I will go way up in power.

The entire antenna folds down and the top extension comes off while going down the road. Pictures were taken at Half Moon Bay, CA

More pictures at this site:

Antenna at the beach

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of RichieC
posted Hide Post
Is that for 11 meters? Chicken Band is as far as I pursued the radio hobby, I've got QSL cards from all over the world. I still have my HR2510.
You got a nice set-up.

Posts: 150 | Location: Nanaimo, B.C. | Member Since: 04-12-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope that is for 3-50 MHz Ham bands, I have other VHF and UHF antennas that I use for communications during the racing events in Nevada, and sometimes put them up, you can kinda see two of the smaller ones, one at the front and one at the left rear corner, but I have a large array that goes up when in the desert.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichieC
posted Hide Post
Ed, you could probably hang a 3 element yagi up there. Wink
btw, my Barth still has the AM-FM-CB-8 track stereo. If I could only find my old Led Zeppelin 2 eight track.

Posts: 150 | Location: Nanaimo, B.C. | Member Since: 04-12-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichieC:
btw, my Barth still has the AM-FM-CB-8 track stereo.
23 or 40?

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichieC
posted Hide Post
23 channel analog.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
I have an 8 track Santana Abraxas, $100.00 Buy It Now!!

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichieC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Bowers:
I have an 8 track Santana Abraxas, $100.00 Buy It Now!!

I was more of a Jeff Beck fan, but thanks anyways. Smiler

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/08
Picture of Kim and Dianne
posted Hide Post
Ed

I believe it takes a fellow ham to appreciate the "Beauty" of a proper antenna installation. Smiler

Hope to hear you on the air.

Kim - AC7YY

1976 Barth 21'
HAM Call: AC7YY

Posts: 29 | Location: Centralia, Washington | Member Since: 07-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look for me the week of May 14, will be on the way to Ely NV for the Silver State Classic Challenge road race, I should be on daily, early in the AM 3942.5, I know there is a RV freq that RV guys use 7268? I will try to find what that freq is for sure and post that later.

K9DVC

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

posted Hide Post
That is a cool set up!
NV5I

Posts: 4 | Location: Texas | Member Since: 02-20-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post