Forums    General Discussions    It's official I own a Barth Coach!!!
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

It's official I own a Barth Coach!!!
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/11
Picture of Wharf Rat
posted
She drove sweet all the way home, three hour drive home. So strange, no engine noise when on the highway, none, being all the way aft, all new to me. I'm very happy, she runs like a top, so smooth and quiet like it's electric when on level road at 60. Not a rocket ship by anymeans, but faster then I thought it would be from a stop, slows to around fiftyeight on the steep grades.

All and all I think she's sweetheart and I think her names going to be "Baby Baby"

They were right about that suspension, she handles like a dream, tracks perfect, not a rattle and stays flat on the bends and quick lane changes, like a giant sports car!

OH BABY BABY !!! She has been babied all her life and thats my plan, treat her nice, and be easy on her.

Pics coming tomorow! Thumbs Up

I'm going to see that Grand Canyon......and I'm going to do it in style!

Posts: 52 | Location: Rockland Maine | Member Since: 07-03-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, hope you enjoy her as much as we have ours. Please post a picture of the data tag if you will. Plan on making it to the GTG in Milford next June.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Thumbs Up Congrats - looking forward to some more pics too.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Happy you are happy!

Good luck with BB. DPs are a different world for sure.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Congrats.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Congratulation on the acquisition of Baby-Baby. Sounds like a sweet ride. I know you will always be vigilant of the temp gauge and being very mechanically gifted you'll have fun. Welcome to Barth Ownership. Do we own them or they own us?? Tooling Along

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
72081169MC22C
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Congrats and best of luck with her!!! And welcome to Barth ownership. It's special, for sure! Get ready to answer a lot of questions from curious folks who do not have any idea what a Barth is....

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wharf Rat
posted Hide Post

1986 Barth RD Regency, Baby Baby has clear coat issues, 101k miles, Awnings are in great shape, has a new and large Norcold fridge, ice maker, built in bender, flatscreen 19" with a DVD surround sound system with splitter for the bedroom speaker set, still has the 13'tv back there, she's really solid with very little corrosion, I have all paper work and the original Barth binder, don't believe I got hurt at all for $11k she a whole lotah Big Baby Baby....baby! I'm happy as a clam on a incomin' tide Big Grin

Posts: 52 | Location: Rockland Maine | Member Since: 07-03-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
For what its worth, the only ones that don't have clear coat issues were ones that never got clearcoat.

She looks great, nice lines. Will you paint her or leave her a survivor?

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wharf Rat
posted Hide Post
Thanx Corey, I think she'll stay the way she is. My nephew may have other ideas though, if I know him he would want to sand with 600 grit and put the clear to her. Myself I kinda like things with a nice piteenah? you know what I mean.

Peace

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wharf Rat:
He would want to sand with 600 grit and put the clear to her.

For me, that would depend on whether it is stored indoors or outdoors. Given a choice, I would never have a clear-coated vehicle sitting out in the sun.

Of course, Maine sun is not AZ or CA sun, so...........

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Thumbs Up Tooling Along

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Love your interior! As I said earlier, that is my favorite Barth layout and cabinetry.

Layout and cabinetry is pretty much like ours, except we don't have a dinette, and are a little shorter.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your coach!

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Enjoy each and every mile. Be careful when you back up, the dog should be INSIDE Baby Baby ......

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post