Forums    General Discussions    I finally own a Barth!
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

I finally own a Barth!
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted
MY name is Kris...my wife and I finally purchased a Barth after a 2 year hunt and we could not be more excited. I have a lot of work to do on her so I will make sure I keep a running photo album for those of you who would like to follow.This was the unit on e bay that was up for sale thru March 9th. Hope the kind folks on the site do not mind answering questions because I may have quite a few of them. Talk to you all soon....Kris and tina

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, and welcome to the site. You have found the one place to come to that someone will be happy to answer your questions (I know cause I ask lotsa questions).

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the asylum, errr, forums...

Which Barth did you adopt (there have been a couple on eBay...), the Regal, here?

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Which Barth did you adopt?

I may be wrong, but I think it's the 96 from the Texas Dept of Weights

Ebay Link

We've been talking about it Here

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is not the 89 that Rusty mentioned. We are the ones that got that one. Still broke down in NC. Haven,t got her home yet.

Posts: 24 | Location: Summersville, WV 26651 | Member Since: 02-11-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Congrats, and glad you found us. You got a very unique and good looking coach, and I'm sure you want to do some remodeling. My 2 cents worth is to use it for a while, figure out what you REALLY want to do with it, then do it right. New owner impulse changes could be expensive and result in things you might find don't really work out in the long run. You have a great start and we hope to see what you do with her as you make her your own.
BTW, we're from Grand Rapids [long ago].

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
Ok...I just got the unit home from the 1300 mile trip. For any interested, this is the 1996 unit from the texas dpt. of weights and measures. I have the unit in for a tune up right now (not that it realy needs it) and Tina and I plan to enjoy it this season and will begin construction in the winter. She has more power than I expected and the ride is superb. Thanks to all interested and helping to answer questions...I will keep all informed. Kris and Tina.

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post