Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

drivers side mirror replacement
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Cassie and Steve
posted
Hello all, it has been quite a while since i have been on here. We found the replacement window snaps, thanks for the leads received here. As soon as I get my new sewing machine paid off, I will be sewing the new snap strips i made to the old repaired curtains.

I have a new request now, hubby wants me to find out where could we get a replacement drivers side mirror for our 1984 Barth. It will not moved to adjust it and the mirror is fuzy and can not see out of it very well. (I can't thing of what that condition is called when mirror's do that foggy thingy when they get old) We will be getting her out of storage next weekend (YEAH & Yippeeee!!!) Can't wait to get started on this year's adventures! Thanks in advance for your help.
Cassie & Steve in Ohio

Posts: 17 | Location: west central ohio; ie: Celina | Member Since: 11-25-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of beeoh
posted Hide Post
we have Velvac exterior mirrors on our 94 Breakaway...they offer rebuild kits...if yours are the same brand, check the website @ Velvac.com...if you have a different brand just Google the name and see what you come up with.

Bob and Jan Orr
Canadian Barth owners
94 30ft. Breakaway/3116 Cat/ Allison 5 speed/ Gillig

Posts: 196 | Location: Qualicum Beach,Vancouver Island | Member Since: 06-20-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Barths seem to have a lot of different mirrors. Perhaps a picture would help identify what is what.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Many auto glass shops have access to a re-silvering service for the mirrors.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cassie and Steve
posted Hide Post
Hello all,,
Thanks for your responses. I will show these to hubby when he gets home from work tonight. We don't have a digital camera yet to be able to do pictures and our barth is still in storage. But we will be checking things out when we get her out. As far as re-silvering, sometimes it ends up being more cost effective to get new, but I will check it out of course. Our other problem with the mirror is that it was seized up and we couldn't get it adjusted. I have given Steve a few idea's, but he has said 'nope' to everything I suggested. (That MAN thing ya know!! heee heee). Thanks for your help.

Posts: 17 | Location: west central ohio; ie: Celina | Member Since: 11-25-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
If total replacement becomes an alternative, I suggest looking at Ramco mirrors. While not inexpensive, they do offer some reasonably priced lower end models. (manual adjustment, polycarb housings, no heat, no turn signals, etc) I've been very pleased with mine - much better than Barth's OEM westcoast mirrors......

But ya need to call & talk to them.....Several models are discontinued, some are factory remans, some are scratch & dent,etc)

Ramco seems to be tooling up for higher end products (cameras-in-the-mirrors, yada yada), so perhaps they've got existing inventory at the price/quality that would be a good fit for you......

Go to: Ramco-eng.com

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Thanks Lee, I've been wanting to replace both mirrors on the Euro without going crazy $-wise. Sounds like this will be a good start. I'll let you know what I wind up doing.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
I sent a set of 1982 RAMCO mirrors back to them for a rebuild. I purchgased these from a dealer who had cut them off a customers coach because that person wnated chrome instead of black. As result the control cables had been cut and could not be reached. RAMCO replaced the entire head, re-wired and sent two new button controls for the incredible price of $120! These cost upwards of $400 new and now I have headed remote controlled black mirrors on a 1977 SOB that are terrific. I recommend RAMCO without any reservation.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
HAWK 57;
I took my passenger side remote turn signal/mirror of on a semi-truck in Missouri. I was able fix or bulid most of the parts I needed to get it home, except the bushing for the mirror. I will be going by the Ramco plant in the next couple of weeks and will drop it off. I had priced a new set at $800.00 +/-. Thanks for the news that they will rebuild. JKB 86 Regal 28' 454

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post