Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

new batteries
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted
Has anyone heard of replacing all at once becouse of different amps. number1 530 n2 45 n 3-310 n 4-40. just had them checked. what do you think?
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what the numbers mean. Are you talking about coach batteries or cranking batteries? Or both?

Are the numbers amp/hours?

In either case, it is best if a set that works together is replaced together, unless they are very young.

What kind of a tester was used? Was it a Midtronics conductance tester?

Were they fully charged before testing?

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yes they were they had one bad cell and drew down the rest the amp hours were all over the place
lenny

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
If you use four coach batteries, what are they? 6 volt? 12 volt? L16? Golf Cart?

Do you really need four coach batteries? If you are not a heavy user, two could be sufficient. We were very happy with two and only went to four to cut down genset run time and to use an inverter for the microwave. A lot of this depends on your energy use. You could also buy two and see how you like it. If you want two more, buying two more that match within a month or two would not be a problem.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just like regular d cells change one change them all. I do use them evan at home but it is only money .All I plug into at home is a 110 vote 20 amp socket works for me .That is my man cave
lenny

posted Hide Post
no body helped me with the gauges on the barth at Hillsborough to big to get to the compartment with ease.lenny

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B