Reply To This Topic

Building New RV Park
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
http://www.rversonline.org/QAWireless.html

Let me give it a shot and see if this works...

------------------
http://www.truckroadservice.com/

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I see the problem dogill. When you highlight your link it drops the S in rvSeronline. I don't know why but that's what it's doing!

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Hey Dogill--In my earlier post I must have dropped part of a sentence. I meant to say, "even in Ms. make sure the showers/toilets are heated for the cold weather months and that there are enough of them etc"
Jim

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Tried the URL as presented by Bill, & it banged right in. Sounds like good advice.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Bill, thanks for straightening out that link. And on the shower room, I like the idea of the unisex family shower room with exterior entrance. I had never considered this. Can you give me an idea of how large they are and what the layout is? Also, the number of showers and heads ratio to parking pads is a need to know item. My Phase I plan should accomodate apprx 60 Class A units, easy in/out, and will accomodate rigs w/toads to 75 ft length.

At the Elk's Lodge campground nearby, they use timed heater/light switches in the shower facilities.

One of you mentioned having small holding tanks as a reason as need for adequate plumbing facility. Here in Mississippi, dump stations are no longer approved or permitted on new facilities, so each pad will have black and grey water connect. I questioned the DEQ as to why dump stations were obsolete and they cited dump spillage by folks who din't know what they were doing. My question was then; what will keep that kind of dumbas from screwing up connection at the pads? Of course, he had no sensible reply.

As for lighting and security, I can assure you that I am a stickler on that item to include closed circuit security surveilence.
I'm not keen on a gated card entrance as I just don't see a problem here in this neighborhood. My LE friends will make regular after hours ride throughs and my quarters and the GM's quarters will be onsite.

I plan a lighted perimeter paved walking trail for walking the pooches as well as fenced exercise yard for them. Most RVers, including myself, love their coach dogs.

I might also mention that I have owned and operated the best steakhouse in the south for the past 15+ years and there will be a walking trail from the park to the restaurant, a distance if appx 1/4 mile.

I should have built this park 3 years ago as the market is here. But, it took hurricane Katrina to get me off my duff. I feel that I have an excellent location for transient and destination campers. Across the highway from me, at Camp shelby, is one of the best and soon to be even better, military museums in the United States. Being only 60 miles north of Gulfport and the Mississippi Gulf Coast, I expect travelers touring the hurricane ravaged coastal areas. RV parks on the coast were the least affected and are already back in business. I'm also located adjacent to the primary corridor from the north and west to the pristine Alabama and Florida resort destinations, like Gulf Shores, AL and Destin, FL.

We also have top ranked golf courses within 10 minutes as well as a very nice state park lake for fishing and boating. I plan to limit length of stays w/no monthly rates except by special contract with well vetted corporate clientele. I've seen too many RV parks around here turn into slum hoods.

BTW: I'll be giving Barth owners a 30% discount. Why? I feel Barth owners are the greatest bunch around and ya'll have collectively saved me a bundle on trouble shooting my 1984 28ft Regal.

Following Katrina, I saw numerous Barths treking south. It was delightful.

Keep your thoughts and ideas coming. They are greatly appreciated.

Don & Elle

PS: Our location can be seen on our restaurant website; www.donanelles.com

Posts: 130 | Location: Hattiesburg, MS, USA | Member Since: 08-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Looks like it is worth the drive just to eat at the restaurant. LOOK AT THAT MENU.

"THE TOY" 88 33' Regal SE Coach #3448

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
Hope this works well for you, and it becomes a regular Barth hang out.
My 2 cents on this. In higher density parks, it is often not the most pleasant situation when you are out under the awning having dinner and you close neighbor flushes his toilet and the Sewer outlet is about 3-5 feet from your table. The solution would be to set the sites up with the street sides of RV's facing each other. This would solve that problem, and allow a single 'post' for two RV's, and much less plumbing work.
Regarding WiFi, I either use my cell phone or WiFi when on the road. I will pay for WiFi if the cell service is not Internet capable, and I need a connection, and I’m very frugal.

------------------
89 Barth Regal 32
Runs like a Deere
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I see you have an 84. I suspect your not going to limit the age of the coaches that you allow into your park.

Is there a discount at your restaurant for the Barth owner?

I wish you the best with this and hope all works out well for you.

Ps. I have always wanted to try a catfish sandwich. Can anyone describe the taste besides it tasting like a chicken...

------------------

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited December 01, 2005).]

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack:
In higher density parks, it is often not the most pleasant situation when you are out under the awning having dinner and you close neighbor flushes his toilet and the Sewer outlet is about 3-5 feet from your table. The solution would be to set the sites up with the street sides of RV's facing each other. This would solve that problem, and allow a single 'post' for two RV's, and much less plumbing work.

That sounds to me like the way to go! Excellent idea Jack.

------------------

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack:
Hope this works well for you, and it becomes a regular Barth hang out.
My 2 cents on this. In higher density parks, it is often not the most pleasant situation when you are out under the awning having dinner and you close neighbor flushes his toilet and the Sewer outlet is about 3-5 feet from your table. The solution would be to set the sites up with the street sides of RV's facing each other. This would solve that problem, and allow a single 'post' for two RV's, and much less plumbing work.
Regarding WiFi, I either use my cell phone or WiFi when on the road. I will pay for WiFi if the cell service is not Internet capable, and I need a connection, and I’m very frugal.

Hmmmmmm. I see your point but this could represent a major challenge to the easy IN/OUT traffic flow. I'm thinking that the staggered pads should take care of the flush problem you mention. In other words, your neighbor's rig will not be next to you, but either ahead or behind in alternating fashion.

LOL, I have never met a Barth owner who wasn't frugal, picky, a trite excentric, but friendly. Tend to be that way, myself. You can see the Internet capable cell tower from my site, but I see free Wi-Fi as the only way to go. I assume anyone who wants WiFi bad enough will be carrying their own Link Cards. Right?

Posts: 130 | Location: Hattiesburg, MS, USA | Member Since: 08-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
If the street sides face each other, so will the curb sides. Since most of us set up our chairs on the curb side, that means our "patios" are next to our neighbors. That is fine if they are your friends. Otherwise, a hedge or something between can be a good thing.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
Yep - they would be facing each other - a great way to be a good neighbor, and meet new people, and make new fiends, which is what I think a lot of this RV experience is all about, especially when your in a park environment. When I'm in the National Forest in a densely wooded campsite, I don't expect to see or meet many people, and that’s fine too. When the sites are staggered, it wouldn’t be quite as intrusive. But this is a mute point as other plans are being made, and that’s fine with me also. As far as everyone interested in WiFi carrying there own connection equipment, your asking the wrong guy, I’ve got some or a few of pretty much everything involved in 'Hi Tech'

------------------
89 Barth Regal 32
Runs like a Deere
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good Morning! Just wanted to jump in with agreement on the unisex showers. We have stayed in state campgrounds in Michigan and they have these. They have a main hallway with the showers on one side and ladies and gentlemen facilites on the other. They are great, especially for the handicaped, young families and everyone. Each one is large enough that there is a area to keep dry(with a bench and hooks) and the shower area. You might be able to check with the Michigan DNR and get some info on their set up.

Posts: 10 | Location: Riga,Michigan USA | Member Since: 01-31-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Don, we have two dogs that accompany us while traveling. Amongst all the campgrounds we have stayed I have yet to see any facilitation for the disposal of dog poop. I bought a case of these bags for myself but I think if more campgrounds offered complimentary pickup bags in obvious "walking" areas, your new campground will stay cleaner. I know all the non-pet owners would appreciate it too. AND, with the name of your park being Dog...
GOOD LUCK!!

http://www.pickupmitts.com/muttmitt/mm_home.htm

------------------
Larry and Heidi from CA

Posts: 199 | Location: Costa Mesa, CA 92626 USA | Member Since: 01-05-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Don Scalzo
posted Hide Post
Last week we stayed in a park in Cocoa, FL that had wi-fi that you had to pay for. I spent at leasr one hour trying to get on line, and finally gave up frustrated. Conversly we stayed in a park on a return from Mich. that had free wi-fi, It was great to hop out of bed and get my e-mail, send pictures, and contact friends. I would not attempt to sign on paid wi-fi again, it ruined my day!

Posts: 196 | Location: Apollo Beach, Fl. USA | Member Since: 10-05-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post