Forums    General Discussions    What is a Eurocoach?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

What is a Eurocoach?
 Login now/Join our community

posted
The Oregonian has a 87 Eurocoach listed with 29K for under 11 thousand. I see that some of the memebers have a Euro, is this the same and what can anyone tell me about this coach?

I have to admit that I am addicted to this site! It is the only site I check each evening, and I do not even own a Barth. But I can dream!

Jeff

Posts: 37 | Location: Salem, Oregon, USA | Member Since: 06-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
The Eurocoach is another coach which is actually manufactured in the same part as Indiana as Barth was made. It is a custom coach, (if they are still in business, I used to be able to find their website but I can't now)like Barth. The main similarity is that Van's Cabinetry which made the woodwork for Barth makes it for Eurocoach.. (or at least did)

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Thom-Barth>
posted
for the second part Barth has been out of Bisuness since the early 90's or so.. my gpa sold it and the company that bought it went bankrupt....

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post
"Barth has been out of Bisuness since the early 90's or so.."
Actually 1998 or '99 - I had work done there (in Milford)in the Spring of 1997.

------------------
"You are what you drive" - Clint Eastwood

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I in no way want to embarrass young Mr. Barth and he has every reason to be proud of his grand pa. What great technological advances were used in developing the structural design of the Barth and then he got a patent on it.#3.282,603

However, the Barth family was out of the picture in 1968 when he sold the company to Mike Umbaugh. Mr.Umbaugh ran the company during all of the glory years and all of the years that our coaches were manufactured. When Umbaugh bought the company they were still making only travel trailers.

I talked with the rep from Spartan who supplied a lot of the chassis in the last years of Barth. The company apparently was in receivership really for the last 2-3 years and Spartan doled out chassis one at a time when they got paid. Umbaugh was apparently out of the picture by then. They hired this guy from Fleetwood named Prince who decided to make anything so the commercial vehicle construction really stepped up and the motorhome took back seat. Until the end when Spartan ended up with all of the Barth assets which were sold to a guy named Keith Leatherman who in turn gave all of the remaining paperwork and stuff to Lee Merriman of the Barth Rangers.

I know that Lee has much of the paperwork for coaches made after 1990 or so. You can contact him on the Barth Rangers website www.barthrangers.net

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Thom-Barth>
posted
hey dave im sorry i miss caculated the years sorry i posted that..... i was tired and then the wrong date... yea gpa was a great man to me.... man i cant belive its been almost 2 years since he passed... god do i miss him..... i appericte you guys having this part in some part of grandpas business i thought he sold it alot latter.... well im still looking for some stickers if anyone has a vynil cutter... im looking for some yto put on a race car its a rc car.... remotee control.... lol lmk if any one has one and is interested in doing this....

shouldiberacin2win@yahoo.com

thanks for the awsome websote.....
Thomas Barth
Grandson Of Robert E Barth Sr

[This message has been edited by Thom-Barth (edited February 28, 2005).]

Reply With QuoteReport This Post