Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Winter projects
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted
I finally finished the bathroom and office in my barn.

I put down the epoxy flooring with clear coat.

A point of use water heater.

A little decorating from an old car I had laying around.

My first ride (Christmas 1965)

Finally painted the super beetle.

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Dusty, The X-15 was the coolest when I was young. The one we had was my brothers. There was't anyone that could out handle me. I have told many a friends about it. none of them ever remember seeing one. If you have spare room when you come to Milford GTG. I would love to see it. Thanks for the memory.

Doorman

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Looks like an awesome mancave!!

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Oh man, an X-15! Only the cool kids had those! And gotta love the VW (actually the VW in Steve VW is an abbreviation for my long Dutch name, Van W...) I had 64, 65 and 68 beetles, ran em wide open all the time. Worked on many engines and variations, great fun.. I just wish I had an old microbus today.. I'd paint it to match and have a "mini-me-Barth" toad. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5180 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
Well I can't promise to bring the X15 to the GTG, but well see. Thanks for the complements on the man cave.

The Barn is 45x56, 10' clearance everywhere inside.

There is a 16x10 door and walkin on the front. Yes it is dry enough out here to use the swamp cooler.

The bath and office are at the front.

The infrared heat does very well and is cost effective.

The other Barth project waiting its turn.
This is the order of projects to finish.
1 74 super beetle convertible
2 68 vw limo
3 ford ranger roadster
4 67 ford crewcab
5 88 suzuki quadzilla
6 78 Barth
I do live in the barn when I'm not working.
I wish I could add one bay with 15' ceiling for the new barth but county codes wont allow me.

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Dang, 120 sq. ft. bigger than my man cave...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
Rusty, You still have the rv cover. So I'm coming up short. hmm

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but I'm still coping with the Man Cave size... java

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Karen>
posted
Seems nice....

Is it a BEETLE from VolksVagon ??

RV covers are available now, check your local store.

I generally make my purchases from here

The quality and delivery time is less and also they provide replacement in case you are not satisfied.

Let me know your experience with them.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
EXCELLENT "barn"

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Always to have a to do list. 1975 Honda 100 cc, 1983 Honda 50 cc, 1962 50 cc Vespa, 1972 BMW 2002. I have to think small, 1 car garage 14X22. All who wander are not lost

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Winter Projects: Mow driveway shoulders. Pick camellias for inside display. Clean house A/C coils and air handler filters. Recharge truck's A/C. Wash hoodies, in prep for lows in the 50s....

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
I have been buried this winter. I have to finish the apartment for my son. Almost ready for tape and seaming everything so I am close,

Designing and building latest speed trap equipment to improve further and make more reliable. Will be a busy race season next year!

Hopefully, I will have some time to get back to a 10 year project of putting a 2004 LS6 engine into my 1987 BMW M6.

This winter, Barth comes in last, some major things scheduled for next winter. Well maybe not quite last, sometime before the end of March (my first race) I have to pull the main entrance door and rebuild it, it is broken right in the middle so when closed there are large gaps at the top and bottom. Was cause by repeated opening in the wind that caused it to slam into the spike that holds it open. Bent it back once but now the outer rib is broken.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post