Forums    General Discussions    Difference In Models Monarch & Regency, etc.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Difference In Models Monarch & Regency, etc.
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hi,
Can you tell me the difference in the models of 1996 Barth Monarch, Regency, etc? I have been asked what the difference is between them and don't know the answer!
Thanks,
Barb
rugdlr

Posts: 29 | Location: Prescott, AZ, USA | Member Since: 06-28-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Most of the Regency's were on Gillig full air ride chassis and offered both the CAT and the Cummins engines. I was told by Jack Knott the former VP of sales that the Monarch was a step down from the Regency and later the XL which was really upscale. But maybe someone could share with us how this Monarch could be considered down scale.

However, I would say that the stainless steel pole holding up the dinner table looks a little travel trailer-ish but that aside it looks like you have Corian and great cabinetry. By the way fill us in on that floor material. I googled it and it appears that it is made in Italy. Is it tile or what?

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Dave,
Thank for the imput. The flooring is Laminate rather than real stone. I'm sure you have heard of "Pergo" as a floornig? Well, this is the same type, just made by Wilsonart. It is a laminate material that "looks" like Travertine. It also comes in Marble and Wood designs. Hope this helps.
Thanks again,
Barb

Posts: 29 | Location: Prescott, AZ, USA | Member Since: 06-28-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Philipp>
posted
I have a silly question, at least for "Real" Barth owners: Where does the "Breakaway" name come from and does it have some motorhome meaning? I was expecting a unit with a slide or something like that.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hi Philipp,

If I were to guess it would just be breaking away from the daily grind. I think the Breakaway was built as a Diesel vacationer model. Leaving the Regency and perhaps the Monarch as the long term full time coaches.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/08
Picture of Eric Herrle
posted Hide Post
Being the proud owner of a 1993 30' Breakaway I believe it was Barth's attempt at a production run of three units that were not custom built. All of my information shows 2 different 30' models (floor plans) and one 28' model. I am speculating that you just chose which one you wanted.

Posts: 216 | Location: Kailua Kona, HI & E. Waterboro, ME | Member Since: 06-27-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Philipp>
posted
Sad to say it seems that Barth went the way of the S2 Sailboats. They were made in Holland, Michigan and were very high quality sailboats. I bought one of the last few runs in 1986 and still have it. Still solid as a rock. I wish that I could afford one of the last run Barths!
Maybe later.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HankWadley
posted Hide Post
The brochure I got for my 1992 30' Breakaway gives some possible insight as to the name. The title of the brochure is "Breakaway...Realize Your Dream"

The models offered were four in 1992, all on Spartan chassis with rear 60"x75" bed:
30-BS-1B 172" wheelbase, Front Entry, StreetSide Kitchen, Barrel Chair, Fold-down Dinette
30-BS-6B 172" wheelbase, Side Entry, StreetSide Kitchen, Built-In Bench Dinette
30-BS-11B 172" wheelbase, Front Entry, Curbside Kitchen, Barrel Chair, Fold-down Dinette
28-BS-1B 145" wheelbase, Front Entry, StreetSide Kitchen, Barrel Chair, Fold-down Dinette

The 28' model had 160HP Cummins standard, 190 optional
The 30' models had 190HP Cummins standard

Posts: 58 | Location: Pell City, Alabama, USA | Member Since: 04-12-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
1st month member
posted Hide Post
I've found a notable difference-the Monarch has a non-slide LP generator vs. the Regency's diesel genny on a slide. This is a big difference when you need A/C and no propane is available.

Posts: 328 | Location: Sovereign Republic of Texas-Beaumont | Member Since: 01-15-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post