Forums    General Discussions    Santa Claus was goooood!!
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Santa Claus was goooood!!
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted
Got some cool RVing stuff. We have had two sets of 2-way radios but they have been cheap ones, with the exception of the ones we bought at Radio Shack which were cheap ones that cost a lot of money. My dear son Chris bought us a set of Motorola T-5620 5 mile radios These will really come in handy when we are backing up into a campground.

Also, with out discussing the size of my body I have found that most camping chairs are not made for dudes of my "status". Deb in her loving way presented me with a special chair which is available from Camping World, effectionately called the "big bum" chair. She did not comment on my frame but just announced to the kids who are 19, 25, 27, (so they should know by now) that there dad is indeed a "big bum".

It is a great answer for the um "larger" guy or gal. It is much heavier duty than other chairs, is good up to 300 lbs and is a little higher so you don't need a hoist to get you out of it. It has wide wooden arms with a drink holder and a handle to carry it.

All in all Santa was very good.

------------------
Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune moment.

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited December 28, 2003).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
"My dear son Chris bought us a set of Motorola T-5620 5 mile radios. These will really come in handy when we are backing up into a campground."

Ummmmm, Dave, if you need a five mile range for backing up, maybe you are using too much throttle.

But seriously, I can recommend radios for maneuvering a motor home. One time and some bent metal and a lifetime of regret. Also, have your observers be aware of stern swing when moving forward while turning. (Don't bring that up around my wife.)

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bill h., you are so right on STERN steer. One needs to be aware also of movement of the top of sides when driving over a rock or chuck hole. A 2 inch up or down movement can make the top move more than the 2 inches, and get you in trouble real fast. I only have approx. 6 inches of room while backing in our drive, and any up or down movement of the wheeels can very eaisly put the awning or top into a tree. We use a two way radio also. Ok Ok Ok Ok Ok over and over again is SWEET music to my ears. Enjoy Dave.

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post