Tools
Reply To This Topic

To all of our visitors
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted
Just a note to all of the visitors that come to Barthmobile.com. I know that we are averaging almost 700 visitors per day so I am sure the the majority who read this are not registered members. And guess what; you are more than welcome here to retrieve all you can from the expertise of the posters here.

You are even welcome to register which will allow you to search through well over 10,000 pages of data archived here and to ask question and offer answers.

The only thing that I ask, is that you respect the fact that this is an affinity site dedicated to Barth Custom Motorhomes. So we are always respectful to the coaches that we so dearly love and sometimes love to hate. So if you are driving an Ajax RV and think it is the best thing since the thumb hole in a bowling ball then tell that to the guys at www.ajaxmobile.com.
Thank you, welcome and as always,

God Bless and Pleasant Journeys,

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
If your not registered this image shows up while trying to look at some of the post.

So sign up! You'll see a whole lot more!

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
I don't know about that Bill. Is that true? I thought that if you don't register one or more of your kids (or grand kids or in Carl Flacks case great great grand kids) will end up looking like this.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: PL77
posted Hide Post
I'm going to have to start charging for people who keep using that picture of me. I wonder if I have any copyright protection or legal recourse?

Posts: 52 | Member Since: 03-11-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Shucks!!! I thought that was one of my relatives. Oh well, I guess I'll just keep trying..............

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Bowers:

Dave, every time I see that picture, I am reminded of a real off-color joke that involves a parrot.

This guy is sitting in a coffee shop, and ......ah, never mind.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
She who must be obeyed
and
me, Ensign 3rd crass
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
There were stories about interlocking braces told by my peers when I was a child; the thought of interlocking piercing never crossed anyone’s mind. I not sure this is a sign of evolution.

Posts: 282 | Location: Studio City, California | Member Since: 02-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post

quote:
Originally posted by DALE SMITH:
DO I DETECT A TAD OF OVER-SPRAY ON ONE BRACKET?
Sorry, I couldn't help it Dale... Big Grin

Bill N.Y.

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi -Dave and Merry Christmas ---I have been out of touch for 3 yrs ?? Long story ---Still have the Barth -working on it over the winter --Just thought I would steal some time and Say Hi!!! Hope to be more Rv active this coming year--God Bless --Fred Schekorra --new Home Phone -1-573-372-3426 ---Cell 1-239-246-2550 -I am a night owl !!!!!

Posts: 1 | Member Since: 12-21-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
what is/was:

www.ajaxmobile.com.

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Sorry Doug, I don't remember.

posted Hide Post
I lucked into a '77 34ft in CA and drove it back here to TN in '99. I've kept it up since then, adding a few mods that suited the way I used it but was starting to lose steam until I found your site today.

Please direct me to where I can learn some basics about the brand-what's a breakaway, etc. where can I buy a new genuine BARTH clear plastic door handle, etc.

Sparky

Posts: 3 | Member Since: 02-13-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Forum! There have been posts about the door handle; you can use the search for that. They're available in the aftermarket, since Barth stopped operations in '97-'98.

There's a Tech Forum that will help get answers to any questions about repair, parts, etc. Incidentally, posting your year and model Barth, including drivetrain info, in your signature, helps in getting answers, as you won't have to type it out each time.

Dave has posted sections in the forum on various Barth models, and specifics, including brochures of some, are also available on request.

The Breakaway was a mid-level coach (although any Barth could be custom ordered with options), '90 through the end, 28', 30', and 32'/33'. All were diesel pushers, usually with a Cummins 5.9L engine.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Welcome Sparky, does that make you an electrician or a fire fighter?

On the Barths for Sale forum I put some discriptions of all of the types right at the beginning. Hope that helps...