"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Etchisons:
Thanks for the site!
Thank you for the data tag info! Thumbs Up

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
Would you take a few more images and snap one of the tire tag and axle ratings inside your coach. The tag gives us a little more insight in to your vehicle history.

We've only been able to catalog 3 of the MCC by Barth coaches via tag info - your input is appreciated.

Hi, on 10-20-10 i purchased a 1981 MCC Barth 35'DD A. Its in the shop being looked over. I will most likely have pictures on eve of 10-22-10
I'm so exited I can't sleep at night. and when I read about this NCC Barth.....well lets just say I'm stoked!!! one minit and scared the next...what have i got myself into?
email:dkruegerlmt@yahoo.com
DK

1981 Barth MCC - 8.2L Detroit Turbo Diesel

Posts: 4 | Location: Portland OR | Member Since: 10-20-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the site DK and brother MCC owner!!!
Loosa good info and advice around theese parts.... Stop into the chat-room anytime, there is usually someone there in the evenings...

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hi, on 10-20-10 i purchased a 1981 MCC Barth 35'DD A. Its in the shop being looked over. I will most likely have pictures on eve of 10-22-10
I'm so exited I can't sleep at night. and when I read about this NCC Barth.....well lets just say I'm stoked!!! one minit and scared the next...what have i got myself into?
email:dkruegerlmt@yahoo.com
DK

Gee....2 MCC motorhomes within the last two months but both on the west coast Frowner

Now if there was one close to Nova Scotia....!!

Besides this great site, check out the FMC group on yahoo and also check out: http://www.motorcoachrestoration.com
they are the experts on MCC and FMC motorhomes

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forums DK

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DK
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. This is my first coach an I'm super exited! The 1981 Bathe MCC is in the shop receiving a starter and some much needed attention (fluids, rubber, batteries, breaks and searing). Any info that I can get about this vehicle (common issues) for heads up would be great. I'm really pleased that Barth people are friendly and helpful.
Info about using the MCC as a live aboard would be great.....I'm a green horn.
Want to live the Barth cruiser life!

I'll have pix this week.
Thanks,
dk

1981 Barth MCC - 8.2L Detroit Turbo Diesel

Posts: 4 | Location: Portland OR | Member Since: 10-20-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DK:
I'll have pix this week.
True to his word... I received these in an email.
quote:
Hi Bill,

Great site and great people!

I can't seem to figure out how to load pix of the 1981 Barth MCC 35A

I sent you a few to load if you could. Or just send directions on how to load them.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Picture of FordGuy62
posted Hide Post
Funny to find this post... this is the MCC I purchased recently. Looking at some steering/suspension repairs and brake upgrades. Brakes are a little scarey, and the coach wanders around the highway. So far I've diagnosed a loose bellcrank causing slop in tow adjustment and delayed response in rt wheel. I'm guessing the non-greasable tie rod ends and ball joints are probably very stiff, adding to the wander and poor steering response.

Posts: 40 | Location: Washington State | Member Since: 09-19-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Good luck with your suspension. That chassis has independent suspension and is supposed to be very good when tuned up. Follow the threads to the MCC sites hope you find what you need.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5190 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeFWB1980
posted Hide Post
Do you know if this MCC was purchased in Fort Walton Beach FL in the last 10-15 years? I remember seeing a plain white one with parquet floors like this one just a block up from where I used to live. The owners let me walk around inside it when I told them my Dad had an MCC also. Never got around to introducing them because my Dad lived in LA. Now we're trying to sell his since he's passed on.

Joe Guillory
Terrel Guillory (deceased)
1982 MCC # 0029

Posts: 24 | Location: Home is Pensacola FL... MCC is in Pineville LA | Member Since: 06-08-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FordGuy62
posted Hide Post
I don't know a lot of history. However, I did talk to MCR shortly after purchasing it, and was told that it was purchased from them sometime in the early '90s. I can't remember for sure what year, but as far as I know it came to the west coast (Oregon) and stayed in that area until I bought it and brought it to Washington (still west coats, of course). Do you have your dad's up for sale now?

Posts: 40 | Location: Washington State | Member Since: 09-19-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post