Forums    General Discussions    Does anyone use a CB anymore?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Does anyone use a CB anymore?
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/14
Picture of Bubba Barth
posted
In the NW when 4 Wheeling around we use CB radios. Do people on the road still use a CB? Is it on the decline or steady? Should I bother hooking one up?

Cheers
Meric

Posts: 242 | Location: Sequim Washington | Member Since: 05-12-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Channel 19 is used by truckers, more on the East Coast than on the left coast. Some of the conversations are not family friendly, but you can still get some info regarding road conditions or incidents or bears lurking.
Some people abuse it and sometimes you just have to switch it off... Violence

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Channel 19 is used by truckers,

I used to use CB 19 when running back and forth from N to S and other trips, but it became so crowded with foul mouthed ratchit mouths and DJ wunna bees I gave it up. It had been an excellent source of road info at one time.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bubba Barth
posted Hide Post
Back in the 70's it was cool. Chat lines etc.... OK I'm dating myself....

I wonder if RV people or Barth people banded together and picked a channel would it stick?

Cheers
Meric

Posts: 242 | Location: Sequim Washington | Member Since: 05-12-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
The Irv2 people picked channel 16 and got a number of takers. Don't know how effective it was.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Sometimes you see a sticker on the back of a RV that tells you to use Channel XX to call them. Depends if you just want to chat on the way but keep it clean and friendly a ham radio might be a better solution. Display your call sign on the back.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bubba Barth
posted Hide Post
Well I have one so I might as well stick it in. There is that.

posted Hide Post
When on the motorcycles we use channel #1. Have one on the RV but have not used yet. Will get it up and running.

85' Barth Regal 28' 454 Chevy

Posts: 39 | Location: Amarillo, TX | Member Since: 10-19-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
Picture of RainCatcher
posted Hide Post
Where I find the CB useful is when traveling with two or more parties. When Turtle & I drove our two Breakaways out from Wisconsin, we where able to keep in touch the whole trip. If I need to stop or whatever there Turtle was but a mic button away. Tooling Along

"Keep On Truckin"
94 30' Breakaway #3866
5.9 cummins on spartan chassis

Posts: 206 | Location: Seattle | Member Since: 04-22-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post