Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

She's Gone
 Login now/Join our community

posted Hide Post
Somebody, please, pass the Xanax! Mechanical problems make me jittery.

Bill: The only thing I'll be able to share on the tech page will be, "It worked or it didn't". It took me half a day to find the TV antenna booster button, and I never found the switch to turn off the accessory light under the dash until I closed the damn door. I bought this thing site unseen and can only say this speaks well of Ron and our long relationship. I'd tell a story or two on him but afraid ATF or HLS might be ease dropping.

I even thought the MM cord was only for "Georgie Boy's" or am I thinking "Boy Georgie's"?

Swampfox: Do you like to squirrel hunt? There be some big ol' Red and Black Fox Squirrels just west of you near Panther Swamp Refuge, and dey taste jest like chicken. Purdy place to Boondock too!

Ron: Kiss my grits while the jury is still out on the crowbar and ballpeen hammer tune-up job.

Dave: I'm surprized you let NASA trailer trash, like Ron, on this site. :-)

Posts: 130 | Location: Hattiesburg, MS, USA | Member Since: 08-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Where's Dale Smith, one more smart *** and it would just be like old times. Ron, how come when ever you describe fixing something I am reminded of the guy on Home Inprovement. You have all your fingers?

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave, some folks call me nubby. I got all 12 fangers I was borned with but three or four of 'em are missing the ends. At least I ain't gotta clean under all them pesky fangernails! Like my daddy always said; "if it don't fit, git a bigger hammer". :-)

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bill h:
Don, shen you genset gets fixed, please share the info with us on the tech page. I also have a Kohler 7KW, and am blissfully ignorant of its workings, as it has been almost trouble-free.

Bill H: I noticed you said "almost" trouble free. I now understand the cause of "dieseling" upon genset shutdown and understand there is an aftermarket fix or two for same (expensive sillynoid switch or fuel cutoff valve). In your opinion, does dieseling hurt anything, did your Koler 7K ever do it, and if so, what was/is the cure?
I had a complete tuneup done but it still diesels @ shutdown, even after no-load cool down running period.
TIA,
Don

Posts: 130 | Location: Hattiesburg, MS, USA | Member Since: 08-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Dave, I just wanted to use my FREE oil change coupon that the factory gave all first time owners, and for LIFE. With all those DONATIONS I'm sure the site is paid for, so I figured you probably opened a Barth shop. I'm aware that there are more horses behinds, than horses.

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post