Barthmobile Portal
Tow Bar

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9331087061/m/3221038061

11-07-2003, 04:18 PM
Don Scalzo
Tow Bar
Has anyone heard or been familiar with a "Tow-Me" aluminum tow bar? I bought one on ebay and wondered where I could get car brackets for it.
11-07-2003, 04:28 PM
davebowers
Hay Don,

The tow me towbar was manufactured by P and E Industries which is now out of business. But worry not, for you can use base plates from Demco. If you do your own work, give a call to www.rvaddons.com where they will fix you right up and never charge you sales tax or shipping.

Good luck....

------------------
"Ships are safe in the harbor.....But that's not what ships are for"

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers
11-07-2003, 09:34 PM
Don Scalzo
Thanks for the info Dave, the fellow who sold it to me didn't have that information. This sure is a great site! I think of the minds that we can tap!
11-08-2003, 09:28 AM
Bill G
Speaking of towing, I received a Roadmaster Falcon 2 tow bar with my Barth. I will likely be buying a Honda Accord this winter. Roadmaster does not sell directly to the consumer, but I want to install the brackets on the Honda myself. Can anyone lead me to a place where I can purchase the Roadmaster parts I need without being required to have it dealer installed? Bill Goodwin
11-08-2003, 10:38 AM
olroy
I seem to recall that Camping World's master catalog lists Roadmaster base plates. Also, two internet sellers, "RV Add Ons," and "RV Parts Outlet," carry Roadmaster base plates. I don't have their URLs, but try typing the title in your browser. If that fails, try a Google search.

I've never used Parts Outlet, but I had good service from RV Add Ons with a generator a couple years ago. They're in Florida.
11-08-2003, 11:06 AM
Shadow man
Just go to roadmasterinc.com to find a dealer near you, they also have installation instructions available so you can do it yourself.
11-08-2003, 09:18 PM
davebowers
www.rvaddons.com no tax no shipping

------------------

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited November 08, 2003).]
11-08-2003, 11:10 PM
Ed Chevalier
We bought ours through Camper's Choice.

------------------
Eddie Chevalier
'85 Barth Regal 28' P-30 454
'91 Honda Accord/'87 Yamaha YSR 50 Toads
11-09-2003, 10:15 AM
Bill G
I checked out RV Add On's and they don't sell the brackets, just the tow bar and wiring kits. Shadow man suggested the Roadmaster web site. I went there and found a dealer about 50 miles from my home. I called them and it looks like they will sell me all the parts so I can do the install myself. Thanks to all for the advice. Bill G

------------------
Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
Gillig Chassis
11-09-2003, 11:52 AM
davebowers
Bill, what base plate were you looking for. It appears to me that www.rvaddons.com has base plates for every conceivable Honda and Acura.

http://www.rvaddons.com/default.asp?cmd=displayproduct&...ken=2ZR6ZT29XXOFYDMW

I bought my base plates for the Saturn here.

------------------

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers
11-09-2003, 01:41 PM
Bill G
Dave, thanks for the link. When I went to the RV Add On's site, I could only find the tow bar and accessories. They do have the bracket I'm looking for. This simplifies things. Thanks again. Bill