Tools
Reply To This Topic

XM radio subscription
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
There are some deals that very few people know about. This is one of them.

If you call XM radio at 1-800-321-7117 and give the code XMSCION03 you'll get 1 year of service for $77.00 This rate is for new or existing customers. It is not something that they will tell you about. You need that code to get this deal.

I haven't had my XM radio turned on for about a year. I wasn't going to pay them 12.95 per month. I just found this deal on another site and called. For $6.42 a month (half price) I turned it back on again.

$77.00 a year, I haven't seen a better deal in the last 2 years.

If anyone thinks that this is a sales pitch then ignore it. I think it's a great price and by far the cheapest I've seen anywhere and wanted everyone to share in it.

Thoughts, concerns, should I delete this post? Did it help anyone?

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:

Thoughts, concerns, should I delete this post?

NO. You should not delete it. Since you are sharing information, and we presume you have no financial interest in the deal, there would be no reason at all.

Heck, at half price, we might do it ourselves. Thanks for the tip.

While we are on the subject, we recently switched from Direct to Dish for TV, and got a lot of Sirius radio stations in the deal. Just for the house, though.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Bill N.Y.

Thanks for the info. I have two subscriptions now and have about two years remaining on the three years I bought.

I am looking into this offer to add more time. I'll let you know if it works out.

Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 (Feb.) Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
Gillig Chassis (1990 build date)
2014 Honda CRV toad
10Kw Power Tech Gen w/ Kubota diesel engine
Can accomodate Barth visitor with advance notice

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
NY Biill you just saved me $75. Just for that, you membership on Barthmobile will be free for the next 112 years...hehe.

Thank you so much. When we went with XM we bought the little Delphi thing and then transferred it from cars to Barth to a little boom box thing we have. We have only used the boombox for the last year plus and it sits on our dinner table playing Christmas music at the moment. It bounces from Sinatra channel to classis country to comedy during any one day... We have enjoyed it.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill, I have XM in my chevy but haven't had it activated since the free trial ran out but for this price I just might turn it back on. Thanks for sharing, I'll kind of think of it as a Christmas gift but if you want to send more that's okay too!

Merry Christmas to you and yours,

God Bless,

Doug Vanse

Posts: 75 | Location: Wyoming, MI USA | Member Since: 05-01-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Along these lines, does everyone realize that if you have a cable or other provider, that AOL is absolutely free now? I never stopped using AOL when I went to Comcast and paid a monthly fee for a while but then they quietly announced that all the services would be free, but you had to notify them and change your account. I did this and haven't been billed since. If you want to maintain tech support I believe it's 5.95 a month or so. The main reason I bring this up is the AOL Radio which includes XM, plus a bunch of other great stations, and costs nothing. No help on the road, but it gives us a ton of options at home when it comes to music.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
I went to AOL's website & watched their pitch for free services. Sounds too good to be true, & in my experience if it sounds too good, it usually isn't true.

My previous experience with AOL is, it's easy to join, but difficult to leave. A few years ago I had to practically threaten mayhem to one of their tech. reps in India to get them to stop extending my "free trial" which was needlessly complicating my life by flooding me with services I didn't need. But that's me.

The idea of free satellite radio is attractive, but there ain't no free lunch. What must I give up to make their "free" service profitable? There must be a catch, they're not a charity.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Bill, before I take anything that I said back, do you know if anyone has actually tried this? I called the number and talked with a XM rep who knew nothing about what I was talking about. When I gave him the "Code" he thought I had bought a Scion and said I had to work through the dealer. When I pressed him he asked me for the VIN # and said that was the code for a 3 month free subscription when you buy a Scion. I followed your links and it appears that is what the code is for. I hope to be corrected but that's as far as I got. Still not using my XM!! Other replacement gifts appreciated.

God Bless,

Doug

Posts: 75 | Location: Wyoming, MI USA | Member Since: 05-01-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
The only "catch" is that the home page offers a bunch of advertizing, and most links they lead you to do the same. These advertizers are the bread and butter for AOL now.I never get pop-ups or unwanted stuff from them. IMHO, the benefits far outnumber any negatives, and this is as close to a free lunch as you'll ever have when it comes to Internet stuff. After years of satisfactory service, I welcome those with much more knowledge about these things than I to tell me why I shouldn't be happy with AOL. Rusty and Dave are the Web gurus I trust, so what say you?

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't touch AOL with a pole, wearing a Hazmat suit with an ejection seat.

They are the Borg. Resistance might not be futile, but attempts at expulsion are. Once they are in your computer, it is well nigh unto impossible to get them to leave. I replaced a hard drive to rid myself of them after all else failed. I have relatives and friends on AOL who cannot receive eMail from me or others. No amount of effort on their parts is of any help. I am at a complete loss why they stick with them. They tout the family plan, but only one of them can use it at once, so what good is it?

Speaking of freebies, some time ago, a company gave me a free computer and free internet just for answering a questionnaire. They had a little bar on the right of the screen that flashed and bounced to get your attention to the ads. I covered with a strip of paper. But I had to click on an advertising icon when prompted, though. This was back when computers were fairly expensive, so I thought it was a good trade off.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Vanse:
I called the number and talked with a XM rep who knew nothing about what I was talking about.
I now have XM for $77.00 on my Chevy Avalanche thru this offer using that code. When I called I stated. "I would like to get XM radio again, what plans are available?" They told me about a 3 month free plan and then I gave them that code. The lady rep gave me the service for $77 without any problems.

To answer your question. Yes, I got it for $77 without any hassles. I made sure I could do it before I posted it here. The subscription for $77 runs out on 12/11/07 for my Chevy Avalanche.

I would suggest trying to call back, you might have better luck with another rep. If you want, tell them your friend had it turned on for that amount too. If they don't believe it PM me and I'll give you my subscription number to beat them over the head with. Wink

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Concerning XM I had the same hesitation with the rep and she asked what kind of car I had but then said, "let me just put it through" which she did and then she said it went through find and that I would be billed $77 plux tax for the whole year.

On AOL, I just never got it, I was always able to find as good or better services elsewhere. I always disliked their interface, (font size too small). I have always used Outlook for my email, calendar, address book, CNN has been my home page for a long time. For music I use Itunes and Rhapsody.

It costs $7.95 a year to get davebowers.com. So like I said, I just never understood the reason for AOL. They stink for anykind of business application since if you send an email with an attachment, about 90% of the time they strip the attachment.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Without getting too technical (at which I frequently fail), AOL (and MSN) are "Web Portals", although slightly different in operation.

MSN requires a standard ISP, then one directs all Internet traffic through it. AOL is an ISP itself, through which all your traffic would go. Most ISPs also offer their own portals, best bypassed*.

AOL at one time was very popular because it simplified the connecting to the Web, and made finding things somewhat easier in pre-Yahoo and -Google days. AOL is pretty much a dinosaur these days ("So, like, 20th Century, fer sure"), and IMHO, its days are numbered, which is most likely why it's gone "free" (supported by advertisements its subscribers will no doubt enjoy).

The only thing that really set AOL above the crowd in the Olden Days was its (lame) attempts to provide some security to its customers (which is why Dave finds many attachments stripped).

* Current portals are somewhat more sophisticated compared to AOL, but none is as technically advanced as the Bad Guys. This is why I recommend bypassing the portal and instead engaging robust anti-virus, firewalls, spyware tools, and other utilities (many of which are free or reasonably priced).

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
You are correct Sir Rusty, I forgot that AOL was once an ISP. In the old days I first used compuserve, then Prodigy, or maybe it was the other way around. I think I tried AOL and those frames were just too small.

I have a gmail email address which I have never used but I go to the google front page sometimes because I have weather listed there for here, Yuma, Mission, TX and Austin, TX.