Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

New Featured Topics
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted
Just in case you didn't notice or do not go to Tech Talk section of this site, Bill has started two new "Featured Topics" under Tech Talk: "Pertinent Tech Talk Information" and "Pertinent Contact Information". These will be at the top portion of Tech Talk all the time. The idea behind these are to give you quick, easy access to pertinent information without having to search or read through multiple postings to find what you are looking for.
The Pertinent Contact Information should only be posted with just that, contact information. Bill moved his information he had posted elsewhere under that topic. It gives you the idea of what should be posted there. If you have contact information or websites for Barth related items, post them there for others to have as a quick reference.
Pertinent Tech Talk Information is like a "best of tech talk". What we would like to post here is just postings that would help someone figure out how to do or fix something without having to go through multiple postings in a search to get the answers. I posted a copy of Bill's information on tires as a sample of what would go here. If you are asking a question on something that is NOT already posted in this section, please use a new topic posting rather than ask it in this forum.
Please do not be afraid of placing or moving some of your information (or someone elses if you know where it is on the site) to these featured topics. They are created to help us help each other. Therefore it is all of our responsibilty to add to their content. Thumbs Up cheers

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Remember gang - I am just the current caretaker for Dave's creation... Bruce might be running things here one days so you might want to suck up to him a little now. Smiler

To give context to that statement... I've had many people give me suggestions - I say the same thing each time - go for it, I'll help you where I can.

Bruce is one who has followed up on his suggestions - that says something... Of course, time will tell how successful this endeavor is.

Our site is what we make of it - contributing articles, posting experiences, shooting the breeze, etc... But falling on a sword and tracking down information like he has proposed in his PM and phone calls to me - why that takes a special kind of self torture. wack Just ask Nick... Wink

Good luck Bruce - I hope it's everything you are envisioning.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you remember a topic of a project that you did and posted about and can't figure (like me Confused) how to copy and post it, Bill has a topic called "how do you do that" with step by step instuctions Thumbs Up under General Discussions on how to do this. But I am willing to do it for you!! ROTFLMAO If you drop me a P.M. and tell me what the title of the posting is, I'll grab it from there. cheers I am going to do this with Jim & Tere's posting presently in Barth Upgrades on how they did their roof. Computer These are the things that we want to put in Pertinent Tech Talk Information. I also have a few of my own that I will posting in the next day or so. So, please add on....
I suggest we change that topic to Pertinent "How To" Information. Roll Eyes

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the postings so far and keep 'em coming!!!

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Bill,
Just wanted to say how coolerific the changes you've made in the last 9 months are. This is one of the best web sites i've ever used & I'm not just sayin' it. i really really mean it from the bottom of my pea pickin' heart, cross my heart hope to die stick a finger in my eye.....well, you get the picture.

When I called you the other day the 2nd time
I had just found the problem with my MH which you knew nothing about because I fixed it before you & i actually spoke to each other(i had left you a message about 1/2 hr earlier) I was ecstatic that I had actually found the problem without having a mechanic come & look or have a tow.

I had just added a clorox/water mix to fresh water tanks to sanitize. I took coach out to splash it all around. On my way back
I was taking a corner & it just died. Turn the key & nothing, nada, zip. My heart sank.

Fortunately, I was able to coast into a church parking lot for a look see. (I was only 1 1/2 miles from home) I switched over to Aux battery... same thing, nada. Opened battery box, all connections good. Took the thermal blanket off the starter a ok. I had read somewhere that when you put a new starter on you should check connections after a couple long runs & I hadn't done yet so I checked it & it was tight as a tick. I went up to check to see if anything had kicked in & still nada. So i thought, timing belt...no. Checked connections on alternator... all solid. Had to be battery related...follow leads back to engine & sure enough the negative lead that attaches to the engine was very loose. I tightened it up, went to turn key...nothing. I knew that had to be it so i thought about it for another minute & went up front to where those isolater things are & the new one we installed last year had tripped. I knew that was the final solution. I reset it she started right up. Phew!!! Just had to share! Thumbs Up

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post