Forums    General Discussions    Favorite quotes - what's your's?
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Favorite quotes - what's your's?
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
To try and then fail does not make you a failure.
To fail to try makes you a failure.

Unknown

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
Golly I can think of a few artistic masterpieces that were not technical masterpieces.

I'm with you Bill.

My example, the Mig 29, a beautiful airplane put together with inferior parts and lack of craftsmanship. Inside is the exact opposite an ugly little ejection seat that is the envy of all in the industry.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
an ugly little ejection seat that is the envy of all in the industry.

Hopefully, that's 'cause they'll have to use them more often than we do....... Violence Big Grin

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
The Luger pistol is (to my eyes, anyway) the most beautiful pistol ever made. Save a properly engraved and carved (oak leaf and acorns, please) the late model butter-knife Mannlicher-Schönauer carbine, it is perhaps the most beautiful firearm ever.

The Mannlicher is truly an artistic and mechanical masterpiece.

But, I digress....(HERE?) Smiler ........inside, the Luger is an overly complex, fragile, fussy, ammo-sensitive, poorly-sighted, dirt-intolerant assemblage of too many parts with the worst trigger ever put on a firearm. It is truly a pistol with its innards on the outside. It requires hand-fitting and filing of all parts to make them work together. Eli Whitney would spin in his grave if he had known what a backward step military firearm production had taken.

Despite all that, I have several, even a coupla babies.

Curiously, it has the second-longest production run of any pistol, bested only by the Colt SAA design. The Luger is also bested in movie appearances by the SAA, thanks to Westerns.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hopefully, that's 'cause they'll have to use them more often than we do

Hey, they're our allies once again hmm

I actually got to see them in action at the Paris Air Show about ten years ago. They were unveiling the new Sukhoi SU-30, an incredible airplane with forward thrusters. It took two pilots to fly this massive fighter attack airplane. Unfortunately, on press day (a day prior to show opening), they went out to do a run through for the press and the #1 pilot misjudged the ground. They almost pulled out in time, but the tail hit knocking out both turbines. The few hundred of us that happened to be there that day (me by total mistake) watched in horror as it pitched up, converted forward speed to about 200 ft of altitude, then both pilots punched out sideways as the plane tail-slid into the ground. I'll never forget the concussion wave as it erupted into a ball of fire! I happened so fast, I forgot the camera in my hands until it hit the ground, but I got some shots of the aftermath. Needless to say, it was not a good show for the Russians or Sukoi.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
The '99 show?.....Yep, it was an eye catcher:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh-kuztsE1s

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com12/10
Picture of Gerald
posted Hide Post
Ageing:
"I have reached an age when, if someone tells me to wear socks, I don't have to"

Relativity:
"An hour sitting with a pretty girl on a park bench passes like a minute, but a minute sitting on a hot stove seems like an hour"

Fame:
"With fame I become more and more stupid, which of course is a very common phenomenon"

Albert Einstein

1986 Barth Regal SE
34 foot tag - 454 Chevy
8610 3363 34TFPOB

Posts: 227 | Location: Aberdeen, So. Dak. | Member Since: 09-25-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BarthBluesmobile
posted Hide Post
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon. But if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."

Captain John Parker, Lexington, Massachusetts, April 19, 1775

Posts: 525 | Location: Massachusetts | Member Since: 07-28-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
There are two ways to slide easily through life: to believe everything or to doubt everything. Both ways save us from thinking.
Alfred Korzybski

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post