Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

dinette
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of rp's barth
posted
would anyone have the dinette table for a 1979 28" that attached to the wall and folded up? Or could you tell my where i might locate one? Do not care about the cond as i can redo it if possible Thanks Richard

Richard & Robin
s7809 2539 MC27 FP3

• 1979 27'
  • 454 Chevy
  • P-32 Chassis

Posts: 298 | Location: Deltona Flordia | Member Since: 08-18-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
The first thing I did with my Barth was remove the dinette. As I recall, the table did not fold, but had a bracket on the wall that received the table top when the inside end was held higher than the wall end. It locked into position when the inside end was lowered. And, of course, was supported by a leg. The top could also be set in between the seats to make a bed, with the backrest cushions filling the gap in cushions.

A previous SOB had similar brackets on the outside wall, so we had a table outside if desired.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Richard,

A new table is a fairly easy project. If you're not familar with installing laminates, any local kitchen counter/cabinet shop can fab-up a top of any shape & size and your choice of surface laminate...Home Depot/Lowes can also hook you up with a contractor.....

Hardware (leg & wall brackets) are standard hardware and easily available. FWIW, there seems to be two types of wall-mount styles: my Barth uses the "fingers' type, where two L-brackets attached to the table hook into two sockets on the wall.....

There's also the extrusion type bracket, where two 30" pieces of mating extrusions match-up hinge style to hold the table in place.....

My SOB's had the second type, and they were much less prone to rattle than two-fingers type.

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
bill says "and of course, was supported by a leg". My table is the pocket kind and is NOT supported by a leg. You just lift the top out of the slot and drop it down into place. A lip on the back fits into a recess in the frame and holds it quite securely. I wouldn't sit on it or put anything real heavy on it, but for general purposes it is sufficiently strong and rattle free, without a leg in the way.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I let this sit for awhile because you wanted to get something stock and install it on your wall. Seeing that no one has come up with one I'll tell you what I did.

I made up such a table for my Barth. It sits flush to the wall and doesn't stick out as far. I used a stock piece of a kitchen countertop and cut the back splash guard piece off. I then took plywood and attached it to the underside with panelling glue and wood screws.

I made a wood frame on the wall and attached a scissor type fold down leg support from a picnic table. I attached the support to the wall and folder it up. The picnic table support legs were cut down a little and the little rubber feet caps were installed farther up the leg.

To picture this in your minds eye think of one of those long church or school tables. Now cut it in half and bolt it up against the wall. The top of the table is now the side. The legs are sticking out horizontal like a Y with the little rubber foot caps. cut the U part of the Y so it now looks like a T and attach the rubber caps to the end of the T. This is what the metal frame support looks like. When you fold the metal bracket down it goes up against the wall and you then lower the countertop over it flush.

Each time I want to use the table I lift up the hinged countertop and then pull up the picnic table support and lock it into place.

When it is folded down it locks into place with a door stop holder. It sticks off of the wall by about 3"

It is very strong and matches the countertop from the kithen area.

It's not stock, but then again, just about nothing on this is.

Bill N.Y.

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Bill, nice work on the table but the doghouse cover and the seats look incredible. As they say, a picture is worth a bunch of bragging words. I'll try to get a pic or 2 up of my setup.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Richard,

My 78 27' has this table. I was just re-installing it after a weekend project installing my new bamboo flooring. Here is how mine is... Small rectangular box attached to the wall, 4" thick by say 20" wide and 30" high. A table section pulls from the bottom-up and has a leg[standard] the hinge is piano style. Mine actually has leaves [2 different sizes], so I can extend the overall length for what ever the occasion calls for. It's all pretty cool. If you need exact dimentions contact me.

Paul W

Posts: 9 | Location: oak park il. | Member Since: 06-28-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BarthBluesmobile
posted Hide Post
Hi,
My Police Barth has several tables which fold down from the wall, without the use of a leg. I will take some pictures after I get home from traveling on business. My plan was to remove some or all of them during my rehab project. I have no need for them all.
Matt

1987 Barth 27' P32 Chassis
Former State Police Command Post
Chevrolet 454
Weiand Manifold, Crane Cam, Gibson Exhaust

Posts: 529 | Location: Massachusetts | Member Since: 07-28-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Richard,

I also removed and replaced my dinette table. I am cabinet maker among other things and built the table picturec in this link. It was built the same size as the original table. This was done right after we first brought the Barth home. In use, it was too wide, so I built another one 3 inches narrower.

My coach has a pickled oak finish and the tables were finished to match. I still have the first wider table. It measures 26 1/2" wide by 38" long and has a frame around the edge that is about 1 1/2" thick. There is no leg, as I used it on the second one I built. I would be happy to sell it, but shipping may be difficult.

Here is a link to an earlier post of mine with pictures. (prior to installation): http://barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631087061/m/...861038061#6861038061

Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 (Feb.) Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
Gillig Chassis (1990 build date)
2014 Honda CRV toad
10Kw Power Tech Gen w/ Kubota diesel engine
Can accomodate Barth visitor with advance notice

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post