Forums    General Discussions    new to motorhomes. Wally Vancouver Island BC.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

new to motorhomes. Wally Vancouver Island BC.
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hello. I am new to this, please bear with me. I am keen on about a 33 foot barth. In Canada we need an air endorsement attached to our license class five. This consists of two sessions and writing tests plus $210. Shame maybe that's why we'll see many barths in Canada. I am very keen, I'm sure I'll overcome this hurdle. Hope this notepovajnuk@telus.net goes through. Wally Campbell River BC Canada.

Posts: 191 | Location: vancouver island bc | Member Since: 01-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Wally,

Good luck with your quest. Every state in the US has its own set of rules too. It can be a pain, but it is all worthwhile. Smiler

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Wally,

welcome to barthmobile. We have a few members from "Up North" who frequent this site on a regular basis and might be able to give you a few pointers.

Good luck in your quest...

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
RE: air brakes, check these out:
http://www.rversonline.org/ArtAir.html
http://rainbowrv.com/rv-talk/air-parking-brake.html

From our Secretary of State (Department of Motor Vehicles in some states) I obtained 5/16" thick handbook, Michigan Commercial Driver License Manual. It has a ten page section devoted to air brakes.
Hopefully, where you are the endorsement will be like my motorcycle endorsement -- pass the skills and knowledge tests once and thereafter renew the end. annually for a nominal fee.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mogan David.Thank you very much for the detailed info on air brakes.I will keep in touch.Wally.

Posts: 191 | Location: vancouver island bc | Member Since: 01-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post