Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

25 ft Euro Barth
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of RonCo
posted
Anyone on this site have or seen a Euro Barth /

Posts: 1 | Location: Pikeville NC | Member Since: 11-24-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Mine is a 28', and there are a few 28s and at least another 25 around here. We are a definite minority, but proud of our glassnoses.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of rp's barth
posted Hide Post
I just bought a 25' Euro that needs a ceiling due to years of neglect but Danny has the nicest one I have ever seen!!!!

Richard & Robin
s7809 2539 MC27 FP3

• 1979 27'
  • 454 Chevy
  • P-32 Chassis

Posts: 298 | Location: Deltona Flordia | Member Since: 08-18-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Thanks Richard. Not trying to be a smart guy, but you haven't seen our coach in a couple years. You might be surprized. Having seen what you did with your last Barth I would expect a real beauty from the new Euro. Can't wait!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post

28'

26' w/ bustle

22'

2 Commercial Euros

25'

32 Tag

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 1981 22' EURO in SW Michigan

Posts: 20 | Location: Ceresco, Mi | Member Since: 10-31-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Euro, eh? OK, what makes 'em so "Continental"?
Any info on what to look out for when looking at one? Can't seem to find much online.
Are they aluminum framed and skinned 'cept for the front cap?
It seems to be a standard P-3 with BBC, right?
Do they have any unusual equipment? or features?
Do I "need" one?
I'm looking for a good long distance towing rig.

Dan

Posts: 6 | Location: Seattle, Washington U.S.A. | Member Since: 10-25-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NoBarth:
A Euro, eh? OK, what makes 'em so "Continental"?
Any info on what to look out for when looking at one? Can't seem to find much online.
Are they aluminum framed and skinned 'cept for the front cap?
It seems to be a standard P-3 with BBC, right?
Do they have any unusual equipment? or features?
Do I "need" one?
I'm looking for a good long distance towing rig.

Dan

Euro Barths were mostly built in the early 80-83 time frame. This is about the same time Barth acquired MCC and RPI (Regency Products Inc.), a manufacture of a front and rear axle independent suspension with a Detroit Diesel 8.2L Pusher and Allison 4 speed tranny. I think Barth took the styling from the MCC and tried to update the Round headlight fronts of previous Barth coaches.Other than the Glass Nose the Euro is all riveted Alum. construction. Around 1984 the Barth Regal came out with Aluminium Quad headlite (Cadillac) That lasted for most of the years till the end.

In the mid to late 90s Barth updated coaches with molded headlamps that can be found on Monarchs model.

Dan I posted this before, for a newbie. It will give you some info on Barth Coaches and chassis,

They are all custom built. There are no 2 alike.
This is a guide. There will be others.

69-mid 80's mostly Chevy P-30 Motor Home Chassis
Most parts can be had from automotive parts stores, Most have 16.5 wheels. set of new tires in the $1200.00 range.

Some Ford and Dodges in this range

Mid 80s-98 Heavy duty P-30(P-32) 4 wheel disk brake, 19.5" wheels on most 28' up coaches. tires $2500.00 a set of 6.

82-86 Regency chassis (MCC), Independent suspension on both front and rear. 8.2 Detroit Diesel turbocharged.

late 80s Ford/John Deere/Freightliner/Oskosh. Heaver than Chevy Chassie. GVW about 18,000 lb.

Late 80s-late 90s Spartain chassis Mostly Cummings 5.9 TC powered. some had larger engines.

Late 80s- late 90ss Gillig Chassis, Cat and Cummings powered.22.5 wheels $3500.00 tires.

For my use a P-30 is more affordable to maintain.
Our Class C being less than the Class A.
You will get as many opinions as there are Barths. on what is better to have.

It comes down to what Your use is. How much you want to spend.

I hope this gives you a little info. If you spend time Reading Post You will have a better ideal. of what might fit your need. Just remember that none are new and they all need something.

Hope this helps.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/17
posted Hide Post
Ours is a 1982 22' rear door FRED (6.2L), also in Michigan.

Posts: 32 | Location: Highland, Michigan | Member Since: 02-02-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Bill and Debbie, is yours the one with the stick shift on the floor?

79 Barth Classic

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/17
posted Hide Post
No, standard 3-speed on the column with a Gear Vendors. We attended Milford and were bummed we didn't get a chance to meet you, the resident Euro EXPERT!

Posts: 32 | Location: Highland, Michigan | Member Since: 02-02-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the complement. After 12 years of tinkering one learns things. Anybody remember a Euro with a floor shifter. I know the Iveco in England has one, but I thought there was a FRED Euro out there that made you work too.

79 Barth Classic

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Found it. It's a nice one.
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...1087061/m/8663996277

79 Barth Classic