Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Update
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted
When hosing off the sidewalk and porch before we left i noticed the water was turning to ice.... i also found out i missed winterizing something and my water tank was leaking from the back as i was filling it.

After we got to quartzsite i found out that my house batteries are not getting charged up. So we cut our visit short (to about 20 hours)and headed to Lk. Havasu so we could hook up to water and electric for a few days. Getting set up for the winter....joined the Havasu Gold Seekers and going to go to their basecamp 35 miles N.E. of here tomorrow and go prospecting for the rest of the winter and fix my water and electric problems.

Had a great time at Quartzsite and met Sugar and Bill H and Linda and Dave from Canada.....they never did pick us at Durango tho!.....i think they lied to me... :>) Saw Sugar's sattelite dish in operation, finally, and got to meet Scott Whitney who sold and set theirs up......very nice guy... he even bought our couch for his bus! In a few months when we have the money we are going to get the sattelite system so we don't have to keep using the library computers.

Wish we could have spent more time at Quartzsite and met more people but things are working out ok....having a great time even with the problems and love not being in the cold.....little cool in the am until the sun comes up but nice the rest of the day. Will only come into town once or twice a week for supplies and to check email so will be quiet from here for a while....Dale, will get a picture to you but it will be awhile before i can do that.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Olroy & his bride did a quick turnaround at Quartzite. We've got the anchor down in Yuma, and drove up Sunday AM in the toad. Met some nice folks, and had a brief discussiion with bill h on technical matters (I've got a lot of 'em in our new Barth). Bill & I have e-mailed privately on some matters weeks ago. It's nice to find the face that goes with the name.

Took Mama to the swap meet and did a little touring, then returned for the meeting and seminar in the afternoon.

Didn't do much socializing, but participated some, then left. Got home in the dark. At 3/4 of a century with glaucoma, this old man doesn't like driving in the dark, but we made it OK. Already looking forward to next year, and possibly Dave's midwestern soiree next summer.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post